Like Tree30Likes

Chicken Nugget

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Chicken Nugget

Please don't laugh when you see this post. My son 4 years old just recently started eating the Perdue Chicken Nugget in the U.S. That is the ONLY meat he ate. However, I can't find that in HK, and when I called Perdue, they said they don't import them to HK. Did anyone know if there is something similar? I tried McDonald, but he won't eat them. I really don't want him stop having any meat again. Thanks.

You sure know a lot of things, including, apparently, everything about MY son. I didn't tell the entire story of his difficuties with eating, and I didn't ASK for such judgment. I asked a simple question. But I know of some people who don't learn good manners from their parents and end up criticizing people they don't even know, without being polite enough to even ask a question.

luckycat likes this.

Did anyone know if there is something similar to Perdue breaded chicken nugget?

Have you tried making them yourself?

I can't help with chicken nuggets but I would suggest turning to the Geobaby site for advice as people will be a lot more sympathetic and helpful.

luckycat likes this.

Waitrose has a real chicken nuggets sold at park n shop / fusion / international.

Or you can make it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Have you tried making them yourself?
    Thankfully, Perdue does not contain any mechanically separated meat which would be had to get in Hong Kong I imagine, the nuggets from Perdue still require some amount of chemistry degree to duplicate:

Boneless Chicken Breast With Rib Meat, Water, Potassium Lactate, Sodium Lactate, Salt, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Diacetate, Flavoring. Breaded With; Bleached Wheat Flour, Water, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Enriched With Niacin, Reduce Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Yellow Corn Flour, Yellow Corn Meal, Dextrose, Dried Whey, Salt, Sugar, Potassium Sorbate (To Protect Freshness), Spice, Soybean Oil, Calcium Propionate (To Protect Freshness), Guar Gum, Flavoring, Extractives Of Paprika (Color), Spice Extractive. Contains No MSG, Dairy, Wheat.

If this child is a picky eater (and I've met a few in my life), change one little thing and they will refuse to touch the stuff.

When I was in primary school in Australia, some bright spark thought it might be interesting to visit a chicken processing factory for a science trip. The factory we visited happened to make chicken nuggets.

Needless to say I have been vegetarian 30+ years since that very day.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    When I was in primary school in Australia, some bright spark thought it might be interesting to visit a chicken processing factory for a science trip. The factory we visited happened to make chicken nuggets.

Was it the steggles plant in campledown?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:

Kids and young adults should see where their food comes from.
    I've made sure my kids all saw multiple killings in the name of food. It has made them think, appreciate and not waste what should be treated with some amount of respect.

All 3 of them have made comments about becoming vegetarians but they have yet to take the leap.
    bookblogger likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast