Like Tree4Likes

Buying from Amazon US... shipping to HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Try some of the department stores such as Apita, Jusco, Sogo etc and they should have a bigger range than places such as Fortress etc.

Ebay shouldn't have as strict shipping restrictions as Amazon etc.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

There is a website which consolidates your US purchases and ships them onto you here at quite resonable prices.
    The name escapes me at the moment and goole is not much help, but it seems to be a good business to be in as I am always being told off by US sites that they can't/won't/shan't/mayn't ship to dear ol honkers.

vpost.com offers this service - but hk's not covered (at the least, not for now). certainly seems to be a good biz opp.....

I often find things I can't get locally or from US-based stores on eBay, and a lot of the time it works out cheaper than US retail (even after shipping)!

Sandeepsg - you are aware of the voltage difference between HK & the US? YOu won't be able to use anything here without a transformer. Brought myself a Senseo coffee machine from there, thought our lab building had 110V, turned out the outlets were only decoration. Now I got a 20kg transformer under my desk who wakes up everyone in the office whenever I need caffeine...

Carang - Boardgames and DVDs are available too, though the latter is only worth it if they have a very special discount...

oh yes - you are right... but i do have a transformer... and funny coincidence... my house mate actually bought that same coffee-maker.. but wasn't as smart as you ... and plugged it in.... so now he has a 20kg machine under his desk... but still no caffeine... so i guess you are much better off

anyway... i finally ended up buying from amazon itself.... got it shipped to a friend's brother's sister-in-law's aunt's cousin's step son in the US... who kindly agreed to ship it over to me... tks guys!

This is a site that allows you to forward packages - so you purchase online, give their address and they forward. Never tried it, but I liked the concept for just these reasons. If you do try it let me know....

MyUS - US Mail Forwarding, Worldwide Shipping

OneNow.Com

Try OneNow.com. They are a joint venture between Visa and DHL. They let you shop online in tons of US shops. When you sign up with them, they assign you a US address which is at a DHL warehouse in Oregon. So you go to Amazon, order your stuff (I ordered some ink cartridges, which Amazon won't ship to HK, and some books on sale) and have them shipped to "your" Oregon address. Then you go to OneNow and tell them exactly what you ordered and how much it costs (for customs purposes). When the packages arrive at your Oregon address, OneNow emails you. They also give you 14 days to consolidate all your various purchases. They charge something like US$20 per shipment to start, then $3 for first kg and $1.90 for every additional 500g (or something like that). I had ordered a bunch of things from 3 places, which I think saved me at least US$100. The DHL shipping (which took 3 days to get to me in HK) cost me US$48. So, basically, this works if you consolidate your purchases and find good prices that would offset the shipping costs. And since they are co-owned by Visa, they only take Visa. By the way, for those who don't have US-issued Visa, they do have a way fo you to pay them with an HK-Visa and they would then pay the vendor.

There are still a few glitches in the system (like their LiveChat and lack of phone operators), but I think when they get going, it will be a lifesaver for us.

This sounds very similar to the link I posted above. GOod to know there is a choice.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast