Like Tree4Likes

Buying from Amazon US... shipping to HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Question Buying from Amazon US... shipping to HK

Guys - i've recently been trying to purchase some items (electronics, books) off Amazon.. but am unable to checkout.. coz it says the item cannot be shipped to hk. Has anyone else encountered this issue before?

is there any work-around...? for eg: if you want an item shipped to singapore, vpost allocates a virtual address for you in the US..and then ships it to your address in singapore. Wondering whether there's any such / equivalent service for shipping items to hk...?

appreciate any help with this. tks folks!

Books - Amazon does ship its books and DVDs to HK. Take a look at Hong Kong Bookstore | Hong Kong Toy Shop | Hong Kong Gifts On ShopInHK.Com (our online shop). We tend to be the same price after you factor in the USD4-6 / book for shipping from Amazon.Com.

Electronics - Try Amazon International [ame=http://www.amazon.com/International-Shipping-Direct/b?ie=UTF8&node=230659011]Amazon.com: International[/ame]

Last edited by KnowItAll; 01-10-2008 at 11:41 PM.

Just delete the electronics item from the order and the rest should ship fine. And then try and find a substitute electronic item that Amazon can ship in the link KIW gave.

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/International-Shipping-Direct/b?ie=UTF8&node=230659011

thanks guys... i tried the international direct site that KIW suggested... but it doesn't seem to work either.
    I suspect the item is not sold on the ID site... so when i search, it just routes through to the main amazon site... and then the whole saga (can't ship to the location you have selected) repeats itself... sigh.... never thought buying something online could be so painful...!

You can't order a lot of electronic goods from Amazon if you want them shipped to HK. I've never had a problem with books, but got blocked when I tried to order a PC game and an Ipod speaker system on separate orders. There's no easy workaround either; your best bet is to ship it to a friend in the state and have them mail it to you.

Last edited by thromsturmond; 02-10-2008 at 09:27 AM.

i've tried to order things as well, but as others have said, only books seem to get through.

What are you trying to buy? You might be able to get it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    What are you trying to buy? You might be able to get it on eBay.
    Or even locally!

trying to buy an electric shaver.. that model isn't available locally, as far as i'm aware.... i've only looked at very conventional places though (times square, et al). any 'underground' places i can try locally?

doesn't ebay have the same shipping restrictions as amazon? will take a look.... thanks guys!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast