Sony Ericsson W760i

Closed Thread

Sony Ericsson W760i

I was in Mong Kok looking for a phone last night (after I drowned mine in the sea on Saturday night)

I found that the prices quoted for a SonyEricsson W760i varied by miles! Fortress want HK$2880 and another chain (City Call (?) i think it was called) want HK$2680. But another electrical store....not a chain, but similar to the stores on Nathan Road said HK$1700! Only obvious difference is that the chains included a 2GB memory card and the other place a 1GB Memory card. Anyone know if the cheaper place is dodgey or if there is some kinda scam or something going on here? Or is fortress and City Chain way over priced?

I would go with Fortress. You can also check out Broadway (I believe there is in Times Sq). You want to have manufacturer warranties and all that sorts of stuff. There is an urban myth that some cheap cell phones are made of secondhand parts with a brand new cover. So you'd never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudra:
    I would go with Fortress. You can also check out Broadway (I believe there is in Times Sq). You want to have manufacturer warranties and all that sorts of stuff. There is an urban myth that some cheap cell phones are made of secondhand parts with a brand new cover. So you'd never know.
    They're not urban myths, Some stores in SSP will clean up stolen phones and sell them as new, Just stick a new fascia on and hey as good as new.