Like Tree4Likes

California Fitness, WanChai

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

California Fitness, WanChai

Has anyone recently joined California Fitness in Wanchai? Last time i went there they seemed open to bargaining. I want to join for one year, what sort of prices are people paying per month?

January/new year is surprisingly busy for gyms getting new members. The rate depend whether you want an off peak membership or access to other clubs.

for California Fitness.. Is it possible to get access to two clubs? (i.e Causeway and Wanchai) and how much would that cost. I heard someone got bargains such as $288 or something.

anyone looking for a short term california membership transfer , I have a friend who is leaving HK soon and can do a membership transfer, it expires aug.

I joined, but find it very annoying to have sales guys keep calling me trying to get me to take personal training courses, sign new memberships etc. These guys are so pushy and seem to care most about makign money rather than actually offering a good gym.

Run Forrest, run! After their assholeish attitudes towards a billing snafu when my wife was a member I will never give them another cent. They weren't in the least open to being reasonable or professional in their customer service, so screw California...and I hope their senior staff are reading this.

Last edited by Editor; 08-04-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: inappropriate word

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    anyone looking for a short term california membership transfer , I have a friend who is leaving HK soon and can do a membership transfer, it expires aug.
    How much per month?

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    I joined, but find it very annoying to have sales guys keep calling me trying to get me to take personal training courses, sign new memberships etc. These guys are so pushy and seem to care most about makign money rather than actually offering a good gym.
    They tried this on me for a while. After me hanging up, glaring at them, walking away and various other tactics, they now leave me alone. It was a struggle though!

I've been there for a couple months and haven't had anyone try to sell me anything. Wonder why..

But they did double charge my first bill- $1680 right off the bat (4 months worth of membership). Still need to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ag361:
    Last time i went there they seemed open to bargaining.
    Oh, they'll sweeten the deal in the beginning all right, and then proceed to annoy the heck out of you with their amateurish and pushy sales tactics when all you want is a solid workout a few times a week and to have some peaceful gym time between the office and home. I go to Pure these days, based on more positive word of mouth on this forum. Much much better!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast