Gyms In HK...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I do not recommend Cal Fitness. Their sales tactics are often very deceptive and they seem to have a very bad rep in HK. Also they really do not give a damn if things break down and don't fix them for ages. The TST Gym just opened 3 weeks ago and there is no water in the drinking water fountains. Members have been complaining for weeks with no response from the management. Finally we have decided to call up Jackie Chans agent until they fix it.

I recommend Fitness First. It is a well run Gym.

California in Central reeks...the showers do, anyway. No matter what they do, they can't get the stink out. Lots of hot chicks, though

I used to be a member at California Fitness too. It was very busy. Step classes were packed. And if you can't keep up, people push you out of the way! Many women are there to pick up men! They doll themselves up and strut around the gym. WEIRD!

I had to cancel my membership because they wouldn't let me take a break when I was pregnant.

Jay
    Lots of hot chicks, though <<

LOL I wish it were the same in TST. In the TST club you have to watch your behind especially in the shower and locker areas. Its Gay paradise

I used to work out in Central many years ago around 10-12 am and there were loads of expat housewives who were there to pick up any available guys for the afternoon. I have't been to Central in years and I am not sure if this still goes on.

I am paying $700/month at Fitness First for access to the Excelsior gym with no contract.

How is everyone paying only $400-$500/month?

tsuiwah
    I think the Excelsior and Sheraton (TST) cost more for some strange reason.

I think most Gyms charge $699 ish for a full blown membership but sometimes they offer long term contracts. I signed up for one of these at Cal Fitness back in 97 ($298 a month). It expired a few monts ago and now I pay $88 a year.

Smile

hello everyone...

i'm more into the classes and i wonder if anyone knows gyms in the neighbourhood...not in town like central or TST.

Quote Originally Posted by doreen1177:
    i'm more into the classes and i wonder if anyone knows gyms in the neighbourhood...not in town like central or TST.
    Er, which neighbourhood do you mean then? Central is my neighbourhood!

Question

like in the NT? anyway, so far i have been hearing california and fitness first...are there others besides these 2? are locals hitting gyms very often like the expats too?

one word:Seasons..you will never go back to crowded unfriendly Calif...classes look ok but suggest you take a tour
    Miss P

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast