Great place for Yoga beside home and where to find a decent yoga mat????

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great place for Yoga beside home and where to find a decent yoga mat????

I am practising yoga and seeking for a 'school' to continue my practise there. Is there any good place for it? Is that including meditation and what about the rate? Thanks!

I was very happy with Planet Yoga. But there rates... at $738 a month were over my budget at this point. But you get 1 class a day for the whole month which is a great deal. You should check it out. Plus the instructors are quite cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Raised_Eyebrow:
    I was very happy with Planet Yoga. But there rates... at $738 a month were over my budget at this point. But you get 1 class a day for the whole month which is a great deal. You should check it out. Plus the instructors are quite cool.
    It is over my budget too. What do you mean by '..get 1 class a day for the whole month?' Do you mean, daily basis?

try www.yogalimbs.com

they are a family run yoga school/studio.... they even do a yoga teacher training course...

Thanks carang! Will check it out! BTW, have you tried it?

Daily Basis!

no, but i know them personally and professionally and they are great people!

it's great, they know every student by name and are so friendly, you are NEVER just a number!

I tried them (Yoga Limbs) and was not impressed but to be fair, I do not like so called 'power yoga' so that is why it was not my thing! But they do have a good deal for you to try for a month.

jyotee,

I have been to Yogalimbs too but now I go to Pure Yoga (http://www.pure-yoga.com). They have many kinds of yoga on offer, at three locations in HK. I find it very convenient and since they also have many teachers, it's not difficult to find several I like.

Occasionally I also go to Yogasana in Wanchai (http://www.yogasana.com.hk). It's a very nice, cozy studio that specializes in Ashtanga Yoga.

Hope this helps.

Namaste!

I like Planet Yoga very much. Agreeing with ShirleyThien, I find the monthly payment too high as well.
    Nonetheless, for a rate of 738 HKD and going to the class for 3 times per week, a class shall cost you around 60 HKD. This is relatively payable for the teaching, time and exercises you get. If you train more, the cheaper per class of course. So you should check how many times per week you are to practice.
    Furthermore, if you sign a year contract, you can get the rate falling into around 650 HKD per month.

Two weeks ago whilst being asked to renew my membership, I asked whether it was possible to lower my monthly payment (yep, always try to make a bargain!) as I practice only 1 or 2 per week. Sort of like a win-win situation. I was then being told that there are plenty of people who would like to go for the fixed rate and that my membership does not contribute much to their company!!!!! Luckily the teachers are not as arrogant as the pretty sales girls....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast