Like Tree3Likes

UK drivers licence to HK one.....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK drivers licence to HK one.....

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that its possible to transfer a UK drivers licence to a HK one. Has anyone done this? Any websites I can get more information about the procedure?

Transport Dept. HK

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I'm sure I read somewhere recently that its possible to transfer a UK drivers licence to a HK one. Has anyone done this? Any websites I can get more information about the procedure?
    Yes, goto:

Transport Department - Driving in Hong Kong for Overseas Driving Licence Holders

Also be careful of the little hk issue that as soon as you have an hk Id card you can't drive on a foreign licence in hk

J

Thank you! So from reading that form, I will need another form which states I am mentally capable of driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Thank you! So from reading that form, I will need another form which states I am mentally capable of driving?
    Ummm, no. Couldn't hurt, though!

Can I apply the UK driving licence on the base of HK driving licence, without giving the driving test in UK?

yes. Just had mine converted a couple of weeks ago. Very painless process.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    yes. Just had mine converted a couple of weeks ago. Very painless process.
    I will visit for a month in UK, on the temporary address can I apply it? I am a British citizen. thank you

Legally, no - you should be resident in the UK to convert to a UK licence. Why would you want to do this? What can you do with a UK licence that you can't do with a HK one?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast