Sofa reupholstery and rugs

Closed Thread

Sofa reupholstery and rugs

Hi, does anyone know of any places where I could get my sofa reupholstered? it's quite a large L shape sofa.

I know it might not be that cheap but I like the sofa and would just prefer to get it spruced up rather than buy a new sofa. I would prefer somewhere on the island / Kowloon rather than over in the new territories / Shenzhen.

Also where could I buy a fairly large (eg 3m x2m) modern rug? Something a bit better than Ikea quality but not crazy expensive (say around HKD 5k) and with a contemporary design rather than Persian /Oriental style.

I searched the forum for both topics but didn't come across anything too recent.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by heisenberg; 01-07-2015 at 03:54 PM.

There are several upholsters in Kingley Building in Wong Chuk Hang. I walked through the building and chose these guys. Wing Keung Sofa Work in Hong Kong - Retail in Hong Kong - Opendi Hong Kong

We had a 10 year old L shape sofa that was poorly made from a store in Wanchai. He redid the cushions and upholstered and it came out really well.

I have his card in the office. The number should work but the address is incorrect.

There are a couple of others in Wong Chuk Hang

Furniture-Repairing & Refinishing Suppliers | Office & Home Furniture Manufacturers from Hong Kong-ypTrade.com

Many of these guys are more used to dealing with trade and not end users, to perhaps calling them and visiting them may help. And yes, feel free to bargain and feel free to make a deal on the trade discounts they get on the upholstering material (they can send you to the wholesaler / shops that they deal with .. and they'll order and pass some of the discount to you).

may I please have this gentleman's contact number please ?

I am in dire needed of getting my sofa base cushions replaced, they are well over 35 yrs old, crumbling to bits to fine powder.

May I please have that gentleman's contact details please?
    thank you very much

Last edited by shri; 21-02-2021 at 11:18 AM.