Kitchen Sink

Closed Thread

Kitchen Sink

My current kitchen sink is too small! I think I should be able to buy a larger one in the d.i.y. haven that is Wanchai, but not too confident about setting it up!

I'm quite handy at this kind of stuff, but apprehensive about this; when full of water, the sink would be very heavy, and could cause problems if not installed properly.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive handyman? They don't need to speak fluent English, I can just about get the message across in cantonese.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Before doing anything, are you sure you are allowed to make any alterations in the premises (I am assuming that you are renting the place).

Yes, I've checked with the lanlady and she's consented. I'm paying for it, and they get their kitchen updated.

So, does anyone have any contacts?

Shouldn't see at least pay half the costs? She could kick you out a couple of months after you've installed it.

No, this was all negotiated before I signed the lease; I'm paying for all of it, which I don't mind at all.

Landords need reasons to legally kick out tenants. If I am ever kicked out, then they'll be taken to court.

Besides we are on very good terms; the landlords give us free food every time we pass their market stall, nice people.

Not having too much luck with this handyman business!

Many of the places in Wanchai will install the sink that you purchase from them.

You can have Gillmans come over and sort it out or some of the stores on Lockhart road will for a reasonable charge.

why do so many people struggle without a dishwasher

Wow that company managed to drag up a thread from 2005.