Up to 40% Discounted Taxi Fares in Hong Kong -- Details

Closed Thread

Up to 40% Discounted Taxi Fares in Hong Kong -- Details

We have been digging around for special taxi deals (given all the moaning from Taxi drivers about loss of business).

Here's the deal.

Make sure you tell them you have want the DISCOUNTED fare while booking and also make sure the taxi driver knows you have negotiated the discounted fare before you get in, to avoid misunderstandings, as this is not a generally available deal.

Day Time Discounts (7:00AM to 7:00PM)
    Hotline: 82084111

No booking charges.

Meter Charges:
    20% discount for $60 and above
    30% discount for $250 and above

Tunnel Charges will be double the actual (return fare) unless the fare is more than HK$ 100.

Night Time Discounts (7:00PM to 7:00AM)
    Hotline: 82084111

No booking charges.

Meter Charges:
    20% discount for HK$60 and above
    30% discount for HK$100 and above
    40% discount for HK$250 and above

Does not include tunnel charges.

I hate repeating myself, but make sure you call them and tell them you're aware of their discount offer and would like to use it.

Is this still relevant?

I called this number but all I got was someone who didn't speak English, and sounded like he was driving at the same time...

The number has changed -- will get the person who forwarded this to me, to respond tonight.

Another 20% discount Taxi service Tel. 8114 1361

My prefered discount taxi service is Tel. 8114 1361
    Their English is OK (though I'd advise speak slowly and clearly).
    According to them just now (I wanted to double check the English standard before writing this post) the discount is 20% day and night, and single charge for the tunnels.

wow, does this include up to the new territories? can't belive i've lived her nearly all my life and didn't know about this!!!

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

From what I have been told, the taxi drivers have their own collective little "unions" that offer these discount fares. It's just a matter of who you call, and who provides the service.

There a number you can call for discount fare taxis. Its 61100871.

They offer a 20% discount on the metered fare during the day and peak hours, and a 30% discount on the metered fare during the evening-nights/off-peak hours and longer distances (e.g. to/from HK Airport, New Territories, etc..)

All tunnel tolls are charged one-way only. Minimum fare must be over HK$50. Calls must be made at least a half-hour in advance, and sorry, they only speak Chinese. Get somebody to arrange one for you if you can't understand.

I take taxi everyday from Central No 5 Pier to Wan Chai, do you know where i could call to book a taxi everyday? as I always need a taxi at 8.20a.m. going to work everyday. mon-Friday, alternative Sat. Anyone can help?

Hi Angela,
    How about ringing the number left by Max?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Here's another one......

The service is run by Mr. Tam and he does the same sort of discount deal as mentioned above. His number is 95115224.

Hi Discoboy,

Thanks will try