Feedback on the new site

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Feedback on the new site

Post your comments and feedback on the new layout here. Some of the new features include

-- The ability to hide certain parts of the page. You can now reduce the complexity of the front page and many other pages on the site by clicking on the 'hide' button.

-- Simplified registration. Only three questions to be answered

-- Simplified navigation menu on the top of the site with plenty of breadcrumbs.

-- Vastly improved attachment and image support

-- Calendar with support for multi-day events and reminder service

-- Integrated FAQs

-- 'Similar threads'. Our search engine will find threads that are similar to the ones posted and display them at the bottom of every thread. This should in the long term (As the site starts 'learning') make it easy to navigate between threads of a similar nature.

A lot remains to be done, specially on the resources side and content organisation. We're working on it.

Paul,

Can you send me the PM number? If you move your mouse over the PM, it should reveal something called a pmid. Will get that worked out. I was able to go in and delete an old PM of mine -- which indicates that this is not a system wide problem.

Thumbs up

New format looks good. Clean, easy to navigate and user friendly. I especially like the ability for users to individualise the look of the homepage.

Good job.

Yes, it certainly looks better. One thing I miss is the post count shown on the front page for the more recent threads, any chance it'll be brought back?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

Awesome color scheme! Very blue-ish, kinda soothing and relaxing. Great work!

The barf smiley is COOOOL! (Me like!)

Max, No wonder bluey likes it.

Few more cool features.

-- Check out the threaded mode. Click on the 'Display Modes' tab and turn on the threaded display.

-- Hover your mouse over the thread links on the main page to see a synopsis of the thread.

Paul, will look at the problem tommorrow. Thanks for the tip.

Paul -- the individual PM delete problem should be fixed.

Yeah, looks a LOT more professional than the previous version

Talking great work

great work...learnt a lot from the website..very user friendly and great people..

Viewing your posts

Think it would be useful to be able to View posts that you've contributed to or started. I see there's a subscribe function, but was looking for something more "automated".

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast