Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 4 Post By jimbo
  • 2 Post By wtbhotia

Bringing cash from the Mainland

Closed Thread

Bringing cash from the Mainland

With the daily exchange limit now gone, it seems easy to just take some cash back to HK.

Deposit fee is only 0.0025%, anyone know of a cheaper way?

How would I go about it?
    Withdraw the cash from a bank in SZ, keep the receipt and bank statement.

It will be far over 10k USD, so I have to declare it to HK customs, how would I do this? I just approach then and tell them I got cash, show them the receipt and bank statement and fill in a form? Will there be a any fees? Will HK customs have a problem with the amount being over the limit one is allowed to take out of China?

Then I'll just go to my HK bank and deposit the cash, show receipt, statement and customs form.

Does anyone see any problems with that?

I think you eliminated most of the responses here by saying you're going to declare @ customs.

Technically no problems. I'd email customs though ... perhaps using an email that cannot be traced to you. Just saying... you don't want to get on some dodgy watch lists, IF they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    It will be far over 10k USD, so I have to declare it to HK customs, how would I do this? I just approach then and tell them I got cash, show them the receipt and bank statement and fill in a form?
    What currency limits entering HK?

HK customs don't give a toss, mainland customs might be more interested though.
    shri likes this.

No limit entering, just exiting China. Was wondering whether HK Customs would inform their Mainland counterparts.

You're paying jobins bail money? Lol

Don't do it, unless you want to get hammered by PRC customs - stick to daily limits and load up on the Octopus

put cash into suitcase, hire an Alphard to pick u up in Shenzhen and drive you to HK, put suitcase at back of car. Whizz through customs with no problems

And I think the last guy I heard about who tried that stunt and got caught got fined 25% on the excess of the daily limit

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Whizz through customs with no problems
    Not worried about China customs, but it seems to be safer to declare at HK customs. No harm in that, they'll find out about the cash sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Not worried about China customs, but it seems to be safer to declare at HK customs. No harm in that, they'll find out about the cash sooner or later.
    Well thats the thing, HK Govt doesnt care how much cash you bring in, there is no mention of it anywhere in the Customs reg and even googling shows other forums being asked the same question and people answering the same, HK govt has no limit of how much cash you can bring in so no need to declare.
    emx and Paxbritannia like this.