Lobby for a dog gate at the Wan chai dog park

Closed Thread

Lobby for a dog gate at the Wan chai dog park

I'm going to submit a letter/petition to SPCA and Wan Chai District Councillor who help create the dog park and request for a secure fence around the park for the safety of dogs and motorists.

To all the dog lovers out there who wants to support us, please email us your name and your dog's name. (photo of your dog optional)

I'll post the petition letter in a few days for everyone's review and comments.

Does anyone knows anyone at the SPCA? maybe we can get the spca to support the petition.

lulu
    [email protected]

Have sent PM - let me know if it came through as first time...

Donate. They are a non profit and work mostly of donations.

Donate money and let them know what you want the money to go to. They provide a huge service to animal welfare and don't have the funds to do everything they would like to.

Quote Originally Posted by smelly:
    Donate. They are a non profit and work mostly of donations.

Donate money and let them know what you want the money to go to. They provide a huge service to animal welfare and don't have the funds to do everything they would like to.
    Its the WanChai District and a couple other government bodies that have to approve building such a large fence on public property. If the fence isn't approved there's no reason to donate money for it until it is. If there was a separate fund that accepts donations earmarked for fence building then donations to fund the fence would be a superb idea.
    Last edited by hello_there; 19-07-2007 at 09:32 AM.

Wan Chai dog park

Quote Originally Posted by lulumay:
    I'm going to submit a letter/petition to SPCA and Wan Chai District Councillor who help create the dog park and request for a secure fence around the park for the safety of dogs and motorists.

To all the dog lovers out there who wants to support us, please email us your name and your dog's name. (photo of your dog optional)

I'll post the petition letter in a few days for everyone's review and comments.

Does anyone knows anyone at the SPCA? maybe we can get the spca to support the petition.

lulu
    [email protected]
    I was a frequent visitor of Wan Chai dog park I thought it was a perfect place here in HK for our dogs to play and run.Until a recent accident concerning my friends dog who was killed in a car accident few months ago.The dog was scared and run off the street.
    I am planning to make a letter to the government when I saw the thread submitted by Lulumay I am wondering if there is any action concerning this issue?If not as a pet owner/pet lover we need to unite to be heard for the safety of our pets and for our own peace of mind while we are there enjoying a leisurely walk with our dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by coma4282:
    I was a frequent visitor of Wan Chai dog park I thought it was a perfect place here in HK for our dogs to play and run.Until a recent accident concerning my friends dog who was killed in a car accident few months ago.The dog was scared and run off the street.
    I am planning to make a letter to the government when I saw the thread submitted by Lulumay I am wondering if there is any action concerning this issue?If not as a pet owner/pet lover we need to unite to be heard for the safety of our pets and for our own peace of mind while we are there enjoying a leisurely walk with our dogs.
    Hi,

thanks for your support but I dont think the petition will go ahead. According to a wan chai district councilor, this park is only temporary. The park only has a 2 year lease and the future is unknown. The permit approval process and the construction will be longer than the lease.

Lu