Going on a Junk???

Closed Thread

Going on a Junk???

Hi all,

I am coming to Hong Kong next week for a holiday. I have always wanted to ride on a junk, Is this possible? I only wanted to do an hour tour or so, dont want to spend alot of money. Is this possible

ANY IDEARS???

please help!!

Regards,

When I was in HK last summer we did a private tour on one for my mom's birthday, but since there was an open bar certain parts of the trip are a blur. If I remember correctly, there is only 1 (maybe 2?) authentic junks left and the booking is quite difficult since the one that is left is quite famous (relatively.)

hi there,

i m not sure if they still have this facility for visitors.. but if you want to ride on a junk for an hour, then all you have to do is just contact HK tourism board, their office is at Star ferry, Tsim Tsa Tsui. Just show them your passport and they will issue a ticket based on that.
    Hk Tourism has organized a 'free' one hour junk ride solely for visitors.. yes its free and on a traditional chinese junk.. i couldnt believe it till i experienced it.. was a nice ride.. its takes you around the harbour during the daytime.. have options on which pier to board from, either kowloon or island side..

for more details you can visit www.discoverhongkong.com

hope this helps
    have a good time,
    abhee

http://www.viator.com/tours/Hong-Kon...-Lights-Cruise
    Seem to have a few different tours for about $40USD that look OK... haven't done any though

Quote Originally Posted by hbrand:
    http://www.viator.com/tours/Hong-Kon...-Lights-Cruise
    Seem to have a few different tours for about $40USD that look OK... haven't done any though
    Er, the "Chinese Style Cruise Boat" used for this is the rather ghastly multicoloured thing that cruises around the harbour. It is not a traditional Chinese Junk (with a mast and a sail and so on). The HK Tourist Board freebie is on a real junk.

Quote Originally Posted by deansbattlers:
    Hi all,

I am coming to Hong Kong next week for a holiday. I have always wanted to ride on a junk, Is this possible? I only wanted to do an hour tour or so, dont want to spend alot of money. Is this possible

ANY IDEARS???

please help!!

Regards,
    Hi Dean

I have been to Hong Kong a few times and my partner and I hire a junk everytime we go. There are a few Junk companies around but the one I found to be most helpful and have the best junks from small to large and even the old fashioned Chinese Sailing Junk, is a company called Saffron cruises. Try their website www.saffron-cruises.com. Really good for your money too. Have fun! Ratty

Saffron Cruises

Hi! Why dont you try www.saffron-cruises.com

they have wicked junks, and lots of different offers... Have used them several times in the past, and you always get great value for money! They can even get you food and drink on the boat. great for events.

junk

we have different kind of wooden boat, a trawler yatch and actually, we want to sell it. We can rent it out for a reasonable fee.