Why do delivery folks not carry change

Closed Thread

Why do delivery folks not carry change

It seems that when groceries are delivered to my house the delivery boy does not have any change. I can understand if it were to happen every once in awhile, but I can pretty much count on having a problem if I don't have exact amount in cash. They won't accept check, but yet they don't have change even though they are handling cash. Am I the only one this ever happens to? It is so funny. The bill will be like $800 and I try to give him two $500 notes and in his attempt in English he tells me no change. Well I don't have the exact amount of money so he stands there like it is my problem. I am just curious if this happens to others frequently and how do you handle? Do they expect folks to always have the exact amount in cash on hand, so no need to bring change? That would be impossible because you never get everything you order anyway.

Last edited by tx75070; 28-09-2006 at 03:59 PM.

Ummm .. write a check like we do?

He said they wouldn't accept a cheque

I always pay by CC so not a problem but once i paid cash and they had no change the same way. If it's P&S they do take cheques or CC on line which will be easier.

Because the delivery boys can't be trusted.

Erm, if this is wellcome or PnS what's wrong with a credit card?

And for PizzaHut if you order online (or by phone) you can specify that you wish to pay with a $500 or $1000 note.

I don't use a credit card, because I never get everything I ordered. I would not want to hassle with trying to get missing items delivered that I already paid for.

They only charge you for what they deliver; in the case of Wellcome the charge takes a day or two to hit your credit card. Moreover, they now email you in advance to tell you if any items are out of stock.

Last edited by PDLM; 28-09-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Tell them in advance to bring change. Maybe they are just hoping you will be a big tipper !!