new spa at Lok Ma Chau border crossing

Closed Thread

new spa at Lok Ma Chau border crossing

i'm a frequent traveler to shenzhen via the new(ish) border crossing via the MTR at Lok Ma Chau. going back to HK yesterday via Lok Ma Chau I noticed a big, new spa that had opened up adjacent to the border crossing. i don't remember the name of it, but it's hard to miss. has anyone been there? any feedback as to what it's like? i'm a big fan of Queen Spa in shenzhen and it's now the standard by which i judge other shenzhen spas. any feedback would be appreciated.

i guess i'll answer my own post - no shame, right?

i passed by the spa again this past weekend and remembered its name, then looked it up online. it's called SLF Spa (not quite sure what SLF stands for) and it's website is here - ????????????????? - looks like the English version isn't up yet, but it looks decent. anyone been yet?

On another spa-related note, has anyone tried Zense Spa and/or Hotel - ?? - ???? ? their services and video looks good.

cheers.

its brilliant

i have used both Queens Spa and the SLF spa at the Lok Ma Chau border crossing.

when you enter SLF spa its called watercube inside. its very new and built like a resort. the only problem is English. i went there about 1.00 pm and there was nobody who could guide me in English. The menus are also all in Chinese. Eventually there was a masuesse number 075 called Jenny who helped me through.

As i was leaving, there were more people conversing in English.

the place is clean and excellent.

Queen is obviously more organised, hi-tec and English is very common.

Having said all that, I would go again to water cube. the crossing at Lok Ma Chau is easier and cleaner and the duty free has more variety on single malts which i like buying on trips across the border

good restuarants at the Lok Ma Chau crossing

anybody know any good sichuan resturants and is English friendly from the Lok Ma Chau crossing

Water Cube

Quote Originally Posted by tenchoc:
    i passed by the spa again this past weekend and remembered its name, then looked it up online. it's called SLF Spa (not quite sure what SLF stands for) and it's website is here - ????????????????? - looks like the English version isn't up yet, but it looks decent. anyone been yet?

cheers.
    --------------------------------
    SLF stands for Shui3 Li1 Fang4 水立方 the Chinese name of the place. Those are the large characters on the front of the building. It was named after the Beijing Olympic swimming venue. To get there from the Shenzhen side, take line 4 of the metro 深圳地铁 to its southern terminus. That’s the 福田口岸 stop (fútián kǒuàn) which is across from Hong Kong’s Lok Ma Chao crossing point. Exit C will get you to the street at the most convenient place. Look right and you will see the huge Spa at the end of the street.

I went there yesterday before the evening rush (about 5 p.m.) to check it out. It is indeed new and luxurious with excellent bathing and dining facilities.

But I won’t go back because of the intense and unremitting attempts at up-selling that occurred all throughout my visit. Unless you have a black belt in verbal self defense (and can handle the Mandarin involved with ease) or just have a ton of money and want to spend it quick, I’d suggest sticking with the Queen Spa where they are not as pushy. The services were OK, but overly-aggressive staff attitude ruined it for me.

I went there with a group of hikers on Saturday night. It was really nice - luckily a few in our group spoke Mandarin but yes, I would agree, without that I would have struggled! I might have been lucky (or just not understood what was going on) but I had no experience of upselling. We also got the bus from Lo Wu - and we purchased our massage in advance in a ticket office underneath the commercial building - it was half price there (98 RMB for 90 mins, no idea whether that is any good or not as it was the first one I had ever been to!)