What clothes do I bring to Hong Kong on Holiday

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

a little bit of common sense will go a long way. And for whatever else you need, you can probably buy it in here for cheap.

Lindy - it's very similar to an Adelaide winter as another poster mentioned above

and from one Aussie to another ,

and to save us both embarressment ,

please leave the thongs(Aussie meaning of the word) at home-no one ever wears them in public here

Gee thanks!!! About the thongs<some of ours are very classy now especially female ones and they cost the earth. Guess I had better break the news to the young ones travelling with us. But then if its cold we probally should leave them home anyway (the thongs) I mean

Lindy

hongkong7 means well, If you wear them then you're easily recognised as tourists and thus pay tourist prices in some places.

And especially nothing like these!
    They're almost as bad as Crocs!

Yes my reply was tongue in cheek. Thanks for all the replies it has been a great help. I could always bring a few pair over and start a trend if you like??

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy:
    Yes my reply was tongue in cheek. Thanks for all the replies it has been a great help. I could always bring a few pair over and start a trend if you like??
    Crocs have taken over form the thongs it seems.. my kids love their crocs..