Good place for a haircut!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Good place for a haircut!!

anyone know of good and reasonably priced hairdressers around central area dat cut good mens hair???
    preferably ones that are run by locals, who can speak english.

Anyways hope u can help. thanks.

If you want a basic cut and don't mind it being done by old pensioners you can try the hairdressers on the ground floor of the Bank of America tower. It is very clean and reasonably priced.

DB

do they speak English ? I am also after a cheap haircut regualry and all i need is a straight No. 2 all round.

I have noticed that prices for h/cuts are not cheap in HK.

Like gohgoh I need the barber to be around midlevels ot central.

cheers

Recently, I wandered into a hole in the wall place called Art's Salon on Bonham Road. There were two barbers in there, one looked to be in his late sixties, the other in his late seventies. The younger one could speak rudimentary english. The elder one cut my hair and at first I was afraid he would collapse from all the standing around. Turned out to be one of the better haircuts I've had in a while, and cheap too ($70 or something like that).

If you're not so adventurous, you can try Talianna on the first floor of Melbourne Plaza, where a cut costs $140.

Another good place is on Lee Tung Street in Wanchai, shampoo/haircut/blow dry for around the same price. I can't remember the name, but it was a bit latin sounding - Esmeralda or something like that.

There's a barbershop in the YMCA in TST that gives decent basic haircuts for $80.

Quote Originally Posted by Katanga:
    DB

do they speak English ?
    Yes and there is a 'mama san' there who translates if there is a problem.

Katanga,

Pretty much any barber will understand #2 all over. I have a barber on Caine Road who speaks enough to understand #4 on the sides and #6 on the top. Costs $73.

I go to the barber shop in the mandarin oriental hotel and am happy with it. Everyone seems to speak english there and as you might expect the service and atmosphere are very nice. Price was $200.

I tend to go to "The Barber Shop" (yes, thats the name). Right next to the Starbucks at the bottom of Lan Kwai Fong (opposite the Yun Kee restaurant). You'll see the rotating barber sign .. go to the first floor through the entrance in the alleyway.

Good selection of magazines.. $200 ish.

Second the recommendation for the Mandarin Barber Shop .. I switch to this one because it seems less busier.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    If you want a basic cut and don't mind it being done by old pensioners you can try the hairdressers on the ground floor of the Bank of America tower. It is very clean and reasonably priced.
    Thanks for that! Been looking for something like this for ages, just cut and go. No nonsense and no Bullsh*t

I hate going to these saloons where you get some man washing/massaging your head (which feels awful btw) and a person wearing funky clothes trying to be stylish with your hair!

Sorry for ranting, just my personal opinion

There's a place on Mosque Street up near the Pizza Shop if you're around Mid-Levels. The guy speaks some English and I never have any problems... then again I only ever need to say 'number three please'. But for ninety bucks, who can complain?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast