Bus routes and nos.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bus routes and nos.

How can I find which bus to take from point A to point B? Is there a website for it? I found www.ypmap.com, but this site only gives bus route nos. according to region. US had websites, for big cities, that woud tell you where to take bus from, where to get off and the walking directions (if there was a walk involved). The sites also gave alternate routes. Is there anything similar for HK?

Thanks,

Shweta

You have to check the bus sites

www.nwfb.com.hk

www.citybus.com.hk

yes all three have excellent route search capabilities, makes getting around easier. just avoid all buses with k suffixes if you want to live.

WOW!!

Thanks everyone, for mentioning all these useful links!

Another small question..... Is there anywhere I can get a detailed map of HK (free or for a negligible cost)? I noticed most of these sites have district-wise searches.

yes if ou go down to the bus depot in central, in the double decker area near where the no.6 and 6x leave for Stanley is a small office. Go to the window there and ask for a bus map, its $15 and is a laminated concertina type that will easily fit in you bag/pocket

KBK, the only thing possibly missing would be information on the red/green minibus routes, is this available anywhere?

The Green minibus routes are on the Transportation Map section of http://www.ypmap.com I'm not aware of any for the red ones (since their routes aren't totally fixed anyway).

try www.centamap.com it provides location searches just as yp map and also provides the various ways of getting there,including bus no.s etc

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast