HSBC wire transfers swift

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HSBC wire transfers swift

has anyone ever wired money from a Bank of America account into a HSBC account through online transfer?

I've been trying to do this but the system would only let me choose from abt 6 HSBC banks in HK and none of them is the regular HSBC Ltd. where all the personal accounts are. They're all like HSBC Securities, HSBC Broking Services, HSBC Trustee, etc... Any idea which one I should choose??

I called both BofA and HSBC and they both don't know anything and tell me to call the other bank...

Please please help!

HSBC Hong Kong - HSBCHKHHHKH

thanks I know that one but it's not in the options I can choose from. that's why I'm so confused...

Wait .. from a local BofA account (not sure if they do retail anymore or not..) or from the US?

We do receive transfers from the US - but am not sure if they're from BofA or not.

it's from the US and they're so incompetent... no one can help me put the right swift code there, they just want me to pick one of their available options but the money won't go whre it's supposed to go! ugh

if BofA does retail here, does that mean I can maybe just go to their office?? that would be great

Is there a "Hong Kong Bank" in the list? That is the old name of HSBC's HK operation.

Hey, I struggled too.. The information you must give is:
    BANK NAME: HSBC
    BANK CODE: 004
    ADDRESS: 1 Queen's Road Central,Hong Kong
    SWIFT CODE: HSBC HKH HHKH
    first name : yy
    last name : cc
    account : xxx

If you have a multi currency account, then you need to tell your bank that you want to have the transfer done in USD. This way you don't pay for change!

Not tested from BoA but from 2 banks in France and it worked

The problem, as I understand it, is that he doesn't have free form fields to fill in - he just has a list of possible destination banks and has to select one.

I know this is an old thread, but can someone please confirm that the information quoted below is up to date, and all that is needed to make an international payment to my Hong Kong HSBC account (from another country)?

I'm also wondering if the address should instead be my branch address, i.e. the branch where I opened the account?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by psjylife:
    BANK NAME: HSBC
    BANK CODE: 004
    ADDRESS: 1 Queen's Road Central,Hong Kong
    SWIFT CODE: HSBC HKH HHKH
    first name : yy
    last name : cc
    account : xxx
    Last edited by justjoe86; 10-07-2011 at 02:58 PM.

I wouldn't split the names out - just a single "Account name", otherwise, that's correct. You use the Central address not the individual branch.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast