For my fellow Vancouverites

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For my fellow Vancouverites

Vancouver (Reuters)

Day 2 - Vancouver Blizzard

Chilled Vancouver commuters faced their second day of winter hell today, as an additional ¼ centimeter of the peculiar white stuff fell, bringing the lower mainland to its knees and causing millions of dollars worth of damage to the marijuana crops. Scientists suspect that the substance is some form of frozen water particles and experts from Saskatchewan are being flown in. With temperatures dipping to the almost but not quitenear zero mark, Vancouverites
    were warned to double insulate their lattes before venturing out.

Vancouver police recommended that people stay inside except for emergencies, such as running out of espresso or biscotti to see them through Vancouver's most terrible storm to date. The local Canadian Tire reported that they had completely sold out of fur lined sandals.

Drivers were cautioned to put their convertible tops up, and several have been shocked to learn that their SUV's actually have four wheel drive, although most have no idea how to use it.

Weary commuters faced soggy sushi, and the threat of frozen breast implants. Dr. John Blatherwick, of the Coastal Health Authority reassured everyone that most breast implants were perfectly safe to 25 below.

"The government has to do something," snarled an angry Trevor Warburton. "I didn't pay $540,000 for my one bedroom condo so I could sit around and be treated like someone from Toronto."

hahahaha

I forwarded this to my brother who grew up in Van and just moved to Calgary in Aug. He laughed and said it's true!

Ha ha ha ha, Very true!

Brilliant.

Definetly true....

I remember moving from Saskatchewan to Chilliwack (Van suburb) and being very confused as to why whenever it snowed...even just a little....the whole town shut down, we didn't go to school and everyone refused to drive.

sounds like yesterdays HK weather advisory, for the arctic, bone-numbing 13 degree temps we had...

COLD WEATHER WARNING

THE COLD WEATHER WARNING IS NOW IN FORCE.

THE HONG KONG OBSERVATORY IS FORECASTING COLD WEATHER IN HONG KONG TODAY.

AS HONG KONG IS BEING AFFECTED BY A COLD WINTER MONSOON, PEOPLE ARE ADVISED TO PUT ON WARM CLOTHES AND TO AVOID ADVERSE HEALTH EFFECTS DUE TO THE COLD WEATHER. YOU MUST
    ALSO ENSURE ADEQUATE INDOOR VENTILATION.

IF YOU MUST GO OUT, PLEASE AVOID PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO WINTRY WINDS.

IF YOU KNOW OF ELDERLY PERSONS OR PERSONS WITH CHRONIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS STAYING ALONE, PLEASE CALL OR VISIT THEM OCCASIONALLY TO CHECK IF THEY NEED ANY ASSISTANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    IF YOU KNOW OF ELDERLY PERSONS OR PERSONS WITH CHRONIC MEDICAL CONDITIONS STAYING ALONE, PLEASE CALL OR VISIT THEM OCCASIONALLY TO CHECK IF THEY NEED ANY ASSISTANCE.
    oh but the sad thing is, I thought I heard during cold winter in HK 2000?... that several people died, mostly elderly as they couldn't handle the cold

Quote Originally Posted by canman:
    Definetly true....

I remember moving from Saskatchewan to Chilliwack (Van suburb) and being very confused as to why whenever it snowed...even just a little....the whole town shut down, we didn't go to school and everyone refused to drive.
    We, Calgarians, always make fun of Vancouver shutting down for 1 cm of snow. It's like "OMG, I'm gonna die too cuz I can see my breath, what's going on?!!"

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    IF YOU MUST GO OUT, PLEASE AVOID PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO WINTRY WINDS.

"WINTRY WINDS"

As for the old age pensioners, it is a sad fact that some will die because of it, just like some do in a heat wave.

I recall a few years back Toronto had to call in the Army because they had a snow storm.

Quote Originally Posted by kirlex:
    "WINTRY WINDS"

As for the old age pensioners, it is a sad fact that some will die because of it, just like some do in a heat wave.

I recall a few years back Toronto had to call in the Army because they had a snow storm.
    ah, that Toronto situation was ice storms, that was brutal!

Yes, I also heard of people dying in heat waves in Europe, mostly elderly, just hopefully they died with the least amount of pain as possible.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast