Village house for rent

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Village house for rent

Work in Tsuen Wan and would love to move to a village house. Any contacts or recommendations?

Sorry, budget is HK$6k-10.

I am looking to rent a village house, too... 600 sq. ft ish for me and my daughter, and a live-in maid.

But I am worried that it won't be safe...

Most village houses come in a standard size: 3 floors of 700sq.ft. You can find rentals of 1, 2, or all 3 floors. The ground floor usually comes with a garden of some sort, the top floor with a roof space.

Hong Kong is safer than most other places in the world. There's a chance of burglary in the New Territories, particularly if you leave the house unattended. This is why many people keep a dog. There are very, very few incidents of violence against people.

I rented a village house way back when I was a 22 yr old single female newly arrived in Hk. I'm now back in one again as a mother of two. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Carang, thanks for your reply. I've read that you live in Sai Kung and send your kids to the Clearwater Bay School.. I'd love to chat with you some time in the near future about stuff!

In my experience (previously lived in village house in Tsing Yi, not far away) your best bet if you want to get a good village house would be to do some legwork. A lot of the best stuff will not be online. Get a map, and go to each of the villages in the Tsuen Wan neighbourhood and pop into the small agents in, or on the outskirts of, the village or simply ask around in the village. Also means you can see what each village is like.

Are the prices online what they say they are? 6,000-7,000 a month? If so they are pretty cheap.

i DO live in sai kung, but i do not send my kids to clearwater bay school. my son is currently in a local kindergarten and LOVES it. my daughter will attend there next year, too.

after that, we have decided to make the most of our time here and will enroll our kids into a local primary, at least to start with. we know of other expats whose children go to the same kindie and will most likely enroll their children in the same local primary school (they even get free tuition for an international school!)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast