Mountain Bikes

Closed Thread

Mountain Bikes

where can I buy one? I dont want to spend any more than HK$2000

Thanks

Once you know, you can tell me!

mountain bikes

what you do is ...go to Z huhai...you will get a great bike for 400rmb...bring it back..!

Hi this seems to make sense as they seem pretty expensive in HK, do you know anywhere in particular I should head for?

mountain bike

I have bought a mens and ladies mountain bike here.my bike is xidesheng-courser-t... 18 Shimano gears ,suspension back and front and larger seat ..carry pack ..flashing lights etc...and lock...450rmb many less than that .my fiances has gears as well and is good quality.Qile-Duo ,with full suspension...we have had good service. Also I bought two electric scooters from here..always good service if you have a problem..I have their Email and phone ..www.zhbike.com or [email protected]
    manager ..boss is TAN..just mention Peter (Australian) and May9Chinese) from Tsinghua..University.
    They are very big...there is a large selection and they could deliver bike to Ferry for you or give you lift!
    Tans phone number...0756-2119449
    hope it is a help.

you can search in local newspaper and even on internet its not a big deal..

Shoho- what do you want the bike for? I assume it's just for casual riding around the street or short distances on footpaths. If that's the case, anything will do. If you intend to take it on anything rougher, don't get an RMB400 full suspension bike as it'll be unsafe to ride.

If you can check forum ads and this website for secondhand stuff (it's in Chinese): ??????? 28Bike.com

If you want the bike new, try either of the two bike stores in Mui Wo, or Bicycle World in Wan Chai. They will have stuff that starts from about HKD500 (though they will also carry bikes up to HKD40K) There are bike stores out in the New Territories that a search of these forums will dig up. They'll be slightly cheaper because of lower overheads.

I don't know why people occasionally complain that bikes are expensive in HK. The prices here are some of the cheapest in the world. Half the price of UK/Oz, about on par with the US. Maybe people just don't do the exchange rate conversion back into their home currency.

Last edited by jgl; 28-05-2008 at 04:27 PM.