Hi all,

I know a lot of people in the financial industry sit for CFA and CPA exams and I'm thinking of doing a self-study/distance learning after work as well. However, since I'm not in the financial industry, I'm looking for something other than CFA or CPA to study before going back to grad school, hopefully business school.

My background is Communications and I've been working in advertising/media planning for more than a year. Essentially I would like to stay in the marketing/business field and the only related exam or chartered institution I can find is Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). However, I'm not sure how important it is to obtain Professional Diploma in Marketing from CIM or even a Chartered Marketer status. Having worked in global agency and the industry, it all depends on work experience and not really on any certification. But I am also thinking of going out of the industry after couple of years and maybe work for client's side. Only an MBA would be helpful that time though.

So do you think it will be helpful in my career if I study for the CIM or is there any other courses that you may know of? I definitely would like to take some courses on my own and sit for some exams.

Thanks in advance!