Like Tree5Likes

Cheap hair cut

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    Shenzhen might be an idea.

70 Dollar for the KCR, 30-80 Dollar for the cut. Many people in HK travel to China anyway.
    I second this idea. I always get mine done in Lao Jie, two stops up the Metro in Shenzhen. 35 RMB for a wash, head massage and cut. Then, of course, you should make a day of it - eat 'till you burst for 20 - 30 RMB; load up on Sichuan spices and impossible-to-find-in-Hong Kong ingredients for under 20RMB; pick up some core supplies from the 2-yuan shop; treat yourself to a 35 RMB foot massage - and the whole day out should set you back only a hundred or so RMB (plus train fare).

Madness going to Shenzhen! I got a cut in Shatin the other day for 60HKD. Paid about the same in Wanchai at some random barber, maybe it was a few bucks more. It was fine! I just told the guy 'just like now, but shorter'. Simple. Better yet, find a picture of yourself with a nice haircuit and show that to the barber.

$50 haircuts are everywhere:
    Hongkong | QB House
    or
    www.ec-house.com.hk

shri, Rob2020 and Dmmos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Madness going to Shenzhen!
    'Mad' might be a bit strong. Even if you went only for the haircut (and therefore ended up spending more than in Hong Kong because of the extra travel costs) I would say it's only mildly potty. There are many things to commend a day out in Shenzhen. What we used to refer to as 'decompression' breaks, back in the Foreign Office. A chance to get out of HK and have a change of pace for a while. Different sights, sounds, smells, flavours. Brush-up on your putonghua, perhaps.

And as part of a properly structured 'day out', the haircut in Shenzhen routine can indeed be a highly cost-effective, relaxing and enjoyable exercise in sanity.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sll:
    Fleet Arcade - Charmes de France Hair Salon
    +852 (2861) 2288

Understand they also do hair for women. Call them for rates.

Good luck.
    OMG Charmes de France is still around

As a young girl, I used to get my hair cut there in the early 1970s!!! They were one of the few local hairdressers who could handle curly hair

Quote Originally Posted by M Khan:
    'Mad' might be a bit strong. Even if you went only for the haircut (and therefore ended up spending more than in Hong Kong because of the extra travel costs) I would say it's only mildly potty. There are many things to commend a day out in Shenzhen. What we used to refer to as 'decompression' breaks, back in the Foreign Office. A chance to get out of HK and have a change of pace for a while. Different sights, sounds, smells, flavours. Brush-up on your putonghua, perhaps.

And as part of a properly structured 'day out', the haircut in Shenzhen routine can indeed be a highly cost-effective, relaxing and enjoyable exercise in sanity.
    To each his own, I don't find much relaxation and enjoyment going to Shenzhen but many do...

Anywhere cheap in TST that people know of? Under $100 please, I only pay £9 for my haircut in Central London!

Quote Originally Posted by London_Nick:
    Anywhere cheap in TST that people know of?
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/53/thr...ml#post1314909

PDLM - lol...

I second or third or whatever QB House.