return home permit on HKID

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

return home permit on HKID

i'm sorry if this has been asked before but i have the HKID card saying R(0)...am i able to travel to mainland china without getting a visa?
    seems like i would need a return home permit...would my HKID card qualify to get me one?

If your HKID is NOT a permanent one then you definitely need a visa to China.

If your ID is a permanent one (which would state in the back of the ID that you have the right to abode in HK), you still need visa to China, but you can apply a 3 years (or 10 years, I don't remember correctly, sorry) multiples visa/permit for lower fee.

1) whether or not you need a visa to China depends on
    - whether you are a Chinese citizen
    - OR whether your country has been granted visa-free access (see www.fmprc.gov.cn)

2) If you're non-Chinese, but a permanent resident in HK, there should be some preferential treatment for you when you apply for a mainland Chinese visa (see www.fmcoprc.gov.hk)

I am a chinese national

I am a naturalised as a chinese and have a hongkong s.a.r. passport. i got my hongkong s.a.r. passport in march 2008 and in april 2008, i went to apply for my home entry permit card in china travel service. To my shock, i saw that people who looked like chinese were getting this card in 12 days and it has been 5 months now and i have no news on how to get this card. China travel service just keeps telling me that i need to wait for their call as rules have changed. Is there any department in china i can call to check on this. I was born in hongkong too and have every document as good as the chinese that are getting their card in 12 days. Why am i not able to get. Just because i dont look like a chinese?
    I really need help with this. Thanks,.

the whole concept of the "return home permit" are for people to return home. to return to their native village / city / home town / province / country / motherland.

Where is your family / ancestors from? What did you put down on the form?

Quote Originally Posted by lulumay:
    the whole concept of the "return home permit" are for people to return home. to return to their native village / city / home town / province / country / motherland.
    I have some Indian friends in hk, who were born and raised here, they gave up their BNO passports and applied for SAR passports then got the return home permit without any problems.

i've tried to get a a 'return home pass/wui heung jing/ 回鄉証' with my pernamant third star id card with no sucess, apparently they change the rules within the last 2/3 years ( my BBC friends own one, whilst other applied recently haven't), china travel service has stated that i need a hk sar passport ( i have a uk passport) when i applied last year

Quote Originally Posted by ajmahtani:
    I am a naturalised as a chinese and have a hongkong s.a.r. passport. i got my hongkong s.a.r. passport in march 2008 and in april 2008, i went to apply for my home entry permit card in china travel service. To my shock, i saw that people who looked like chinese were getting this card in 12 days and it has been 5 months now and i have no news on how to get this card. China travel service just keeps telling me that i need to wait for their call as rules have changed. Is there any department in china i can call to check on this. I was born in hongkong too and have every document as good as the chinese that are getting their card in 12 days. Why am i not able to get. Just because i dont look like a chinese?
    I really need help with this. Thanks,.
    Hi,

I am in the same situation like you, almost five months. I would like to contact the Chinese authorities for an explanation. But CTS not giving me the authorities details. It is very stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    i've tried to get a a 'return home pass/wui heung jing/ 回鄉証' with my pernamant third star id card with no sucess, apparently they change the rules within the last 2/3 years ( my BBC friends own one, whilst other applied recently haven't), china travel service has stated that i need a hk sar passport ( i have a uk passport) when i applied last year
    Well my friends did say that they had to give up their British National Overseas passport to get the return home permit, so that probably why u can't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I have some Indian friends in hk, who were born and raised here, they gave up their BNO passports and applied for SAR passports then got the return home permit without any problems.
    Yes, this is the case before April2008. The Chinese authorities freezed the application process for naturalized Chinese due to the Olympic. And hope it will be normal soon. But it is not a fair reason on processing the application as the process is normal for Chinese race. This is a kind of racial discrimination.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast