Educational requirements for VIsa

Closed Thread

Unhappy Educational requirements for VIsa

Hi just a quick Q

I'm only 23, but have worked in investment banking since I was 19, and have a complete and uninterrupted work history since 16

However I did not do a degree, and only have one AS level (for you English guys)

MY company is a major global investment bank, employing over 70'000 staff - so on the sponsorship side Im fine. The reason for my internal transfer is that I have specific skillsets regarding Equities that are in-house - so no issues with proving they could not fill the post locally.

Guess Im just worried my visa application may be declined as I'm lacking on the degree front.

Am I right to be concerned ?

Sorry, I should have said my employer has searched locally, and was unable to find a suitable candidate both internally and externally.

A large amount of my skillsets relate to complex in-house Equities business management and functions, which can neither be found locally internally or externally from my employer.

They're 70'000 strong so are a good sponsor I feel, plus my salary is > $40'000 HKD.

Really worried its going to be rejected !

I reckon you'll be fine - ImmD don't turn down internal transfers of major MNCs very often. If the HR department here has good documentary proof of the search for suitable candidates locally (copies of job ads, letters to headhunters, records of failed interviews, etc.) then obviously that will help.

IMMD does not care about your education level. Their job is to see if you have a skill that is needed but cannot be found locally, or is limited enough locally that they need to bring folks in. As long as you finished secondary school and can prove your skills are needed, but cannot be found locally. You're in.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

As it happens I have 11 certificates for my GCSE's but cannot locate my AS Level certificate.

HR are telling me to keep my fingers crossed and hopefully it won't be asked for, agent is having a fit that unlikely the visa will be accepted without it.

At the end of the day, my sponsor is a MNC who has transferred the skillsets of many an international employee, so I remain optimistic

Well the visa appears to be off to a relatively good start, received an application ID 3 working days after they received it (agent advised 10 so hopefully indicative of a relatively expedited process.......)

Hi, just wanted to check my agent isn't wasting my time:

Basically I am awaiting one examination certificate (ETA 3 weeks) but have submitted all other 12 required ones.

Agent says the 4-6 week visa application timeframe won't begin until all required documentation is received. I checked and she
    confirmed that they won't begin processing until this one final certificate is with them.

Is this correct? My understanding is they would process the application, and if 12 out of 13 certs are not enough they would then
    request the additional one?

Not sure whether to ask the agent to push that they begin the process - I have an application reference number so I thought that would
    imply they have begun vetting my application?

Any advice greatfully received - 3 weeks for the certificate plus 4-6 weeks average for the vetting will make my internal transfer awkward to say the least.

The agent is correct. They cannot process without all the required documentation. If something is missing the application will be denied - they will not wait until the missing stuff is received to complete processing.

The application reference number just means the application was received by the immigration department. It doesn't have any bearing on the process and is only used for ID purposes.

Last edited by hello_there; 20-06-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Thks for the clarification HelloThere

I know my application is with Immd and received (hense the app ID) just curious after the agent forwards the final documents - how do they instruct Immd to begin processing the application?

Concerned as you mention if there are docs missing it will be declined, wanted to assure myself that Immd won't look at the application until the remaining documents are sent to them.

How does it get kicked off ?

EMPLOYMENT VISA APPROVED !!!

My agent was very surprised (took a total of 3 weeks) since I am still missing my highest educational certificate.

What a relief !!!

Good luck to those awaiting theirs.