Timing for Applying for Dependent Visa?

Closed Thread

Timing for Applying for Dependent Visa?

I've read a lot of the postings regarding dependent visa and need some help.

I am a US Citizen with HK PR status (obtained a long time ago). My wife and I will be moving to HK and I want to apply for a dependent visa for her.

She will be in HK at the end of November for one week.

She will be back in HK in January for 2 weeks.

Then she will be back in HK in February for a while. We are expecting our new born baby in mid-April.

Based on all these trips, when is the best time for her to apply for a dependent visa?

Should she apply on her next trip at the of November? However, she won't be back till January again.

And what type of documentation do we need to bring? I can't find that information on the immigration website.

Thanks!

Bump...any thoughts?

I was married to a Hong Kong resident on 15th September this year (a few weeks ago..). We have never lived together before and I am UK resident but was working in Canada on a working visa.

After our wedding I returned to Canada whilst wife sent in visa application for me.

For visa application we included, rental contract for property, three yeasr of tax return for wife (to show income and she could support me if I did not get job), letter from her employer confirming salary, she is nurse in PokFulam so not huge salary.

I included bank statements with about 5k sterling on and we included a few wedding pictures and holiday pictures.

Within 5 working days , wife received letter that visa was OK and she needed to go and pick it up from immigration, send to me to stick in passport and I validate it when I enter HK. It was extremly quick process.

I would apply after your wife returns to US and then you fedex her the sticker, maybe it is easier if partner is out of country and less chance of interview. If you also include docs, utility bills etc showing you are genuine husband and wife you should get visa in few days unless I was very lucky...