Gross Size vs Net Size

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Being that close to the floor reminds me of college or grad school, when you couldn't afford the bed so you just put the mattress on the floor.

Thanks for all the advice. We will bring the bed for sure. Maybe the two nightstands but probably not the dresser with mirror. Don't think all of that would fit in one room.

We did a 12 day tour of China last September and EVERYONE on the tour (Cdns, Ozzies, & Americans) hated the beds and complained every day. We didn't find them too bad. We then stayed in a hotel in Causeway Bay for 12 days and that bed was fine too. Maybe ours is firmer than most.

Here is my floorplan with beds in picture, my master room is around 7'x11'5"(220x350cm) with the foor frame being 6'7" (200cm) from the head wall. as in the picture my room has a built in wardrobe which brings the overall length to around 410cm.

Spare room is about 6'10"x10'5"(210x320cm)

You get the idea from the pic

Have fun searching

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Canucker:
    BettyInToronto,

BRING THE BED... BRING THE BED!!!!

Betty - the beds are horrible here! Hard as rocks! I don't think you would have any problem with a Queen size bed fitting into a bedroom if you are looking at buying a house. We have a "queen" bed here - but it really is only a double. Also make sure you bring a couple extra fitted sheets for the bed from Canada b/c they generally don't make sheets that big here, although you will be able to find them at WingOn in Central.

Friends of ours just bought a California King from the US and shipped it over. Once we buy a place (and stop renting) we will be looking at doing the same (but maybe just a King). The beds here are not comfortable.

Canucker

Which beds were you looking at??? I bought a Simmons mattress and had no problems with it.

I think you can purchase whatever firmness you want, but it wil be easier to find "frm".
    It is just the hotel/serviced apartment beds that are rock-like.

BettyInToronto,

Just take pictures of your bedroom furniture (night stands, dressers, etc) and measurements and just have the items remade in Macau. Cheaper then bringing them over here-and you have more space for other stuff.

Canucker

P.S... I am not the only one complaining about the beds... friends swear about buying them in US/CDN and bringing them over.

Alexpwhite: Thanks for the .pdf file of your floor plan. It's a nice layout. What is the total sq footage of your unit and where is it located again. I can't seem to scroll back through all of the messages while I am writing this to see if you had said so before. (Only about half a dozen; not all)

Canucker: I have heard that furntirue is really cheap in Macau. How do you get it back to HK? Wouldn't delivery be expensive? And how do they deliver to a place like Mui Wo?

BettyinToronto,
    Who is paying to move you?

Sleuth: We are paying for the move.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyInToronto:
    Sleuth: We are paying for the move.
    Ouch, that's going to be expensive. Probably should look into having it made in Macau or China.