Clear Water Bay

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Clear Water Bay

hey all,

anyone living in clear water bay?

is it miles away from civilisation...is it a convenient and nice place to live...went sailing past it on a boat in recent weeks and it looks like a beautiful place to live.

Also, are there any new places in kowloon, or new-ish, besides Metro Harbour and do not cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks!

clear water bay is big and if you went sailing past it then you must have gone past the golf club part which is quite far away from civilisation.

I live in Mang Kung Uk in clear water bay, only 5 mins to Hang Hau (Tseung Kwan O). 10 mins to clear water bay beach. 25-30 mins to sai kung town (due to traffic). No sea view but just mountian view. Large Park N Shop mostly catering to expats with lots of foriegn stuff inside.

village houses arent that expensive, the normal size is 700 sq feet, 3 bedroom. mine cost less than 7k with a large grass garden and car park space included. The air is much better here but the temp is different from the city, during winter its 3-4C colder so bear that in mind.

my neighbour is an expat from UK and i heard he bought the whole house for aprox 7M, 3 floors with garden. Not bad but we thinks he still got ripped of because he is a westerner. Heehee

if your looking for the large villa types with swimming pool, sea view etc. then that will really cost you an arm and a leg.

Spent the whole of July looking for a flat to move to (currently live on the top floor of village house) and no agents could show us any flats for less than 9k. We have dogs so ideally looking for G/f or 2/F flats so there weren't may flats available. Apparently village flat owners are not keen to rent out to ppl who own dogs now (ironically).

We did manage to find one though well under 9k with a huge garden and car space in the end and moving this weeked.

Our range was from Clearwater Bay up to Sai Sha so we were quite open to the location. Flat prices in Sai Kung/Clearwater Bay have increased considerably this year and don't look like they will go down any time soon accordinging to our agents.

Quote Originally Posted by luvyanxx:
    Spent the whole of July looking for a flat to move to (currently live on the top floor of village house) and no agents could show us any flats for less than 9k. We have dogs so ideally looking for G/f or 2/F flats so there weren't may flats available. Apparently village flat owners are not keen to rent out to ppl who own dogs now (ironically).

We did manage to find one though well under 9k with a huge garden and car space in the end and moving this weeked.

Our range was from Clearwater Bay up to Sai Sha so we were quite open to the location. Flat prices in Sai Kung/Clearwater Bay have increased considerably this year and don't look like they will go down any time soon accordinging to our agents.
    Hi there, Which area did you find for under 9K, I have a friend who's looking for one as well. The rents is going up very fast these days. A lot of the villagers would rather rent to expats than locals as expats usually have housing allowance and they wont bargin that much.

I moved in Clearwater bay because of my dogs, I have 2 huskies and 1 schnauzer so needed a place with a large fenced off garden so that they can run around.

We found our place in Po Lo Che, lots of villages up there but it was really the work of our agent. He was really good, showed us about 8 units but coz we needed to check the feng shui as well, otherwise we would've found one earlier.

I have two dogs as well, so we were really happy to find one with a big 1000 sqft walled g/f flat, car parked out front, rent is only 7.8k. Have to say not many around, but there is one near us that we looked at with a really big yard as well for around 9k. Depeneds on the luck of the market I suppose.

BTW - I work with Tsewang. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by luvyanxx:
    We found our place in Po Lo Che, lots of villages up there but it was really the work of our agent. He was really good, showed us about 8 units but coz we needed to check the feng shui as well, otherwise we would've found one earlier.

I have two dogs as well, so we were really happy to find one with a big 1000 sqft walled g/f flat, car parked out front, rent is only 7.8k. Have to say not many around, but there is one near us that we looked at with a really big yard as well for around 9k. Depeneds on the luck of the market I suppose.

BTW - I work with Tsewang. :-)
    ah you know my little bro. thats good to know.

Po Lo Che is quite far, its only good if you have a car. any chance you can give me the details of the agent so that I can pass it on to my friend.

Sure, he is an agent from BMC properties in Sai Kung and his name is Leo Seto, 9681 6947. Good luck to your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    clear water bay is big and if you went sailing past it then you must have gone past the golf club part which is quite far away from civilisation.

I live in Mang Kung Uk in clear water bay, only 5 mins to Hang Hau (Tseung Kwan O). 10 mins to clear water bay beach. 25-30 mins to sai kung town (due to traffic). No sea view but just mountian view. Large Park N Shop mostly catering to expats with lots of foriegn stuff inside.

village houses arent that expensive, the normal size is 700 sq feet, 3 bedroom. mine cost less than 7k with a large grass garden and car park space included. The air is much better here but the temp is different from the city, during winter its 3-4C colder so bear that in mind.

my neighbour is an expat from UK and i heard he bought the whole house for aprox 7M, 3 floors with garden. Not bad but we thinks he still got ripped of because he is a westerner. Heehee

if your looking for the large villa types with swimming pool, sea view etc. then that will really cost you an arm and a leg.
    I find clear water bay rather expensive. 6-7k for a floor of a village house isn't that great.

I have been looking at places in Yuen Long/ Tuen Mun for 3-4k exact same thing. Found a place for 4K with car park, top floor, three beds, one bath, kitchen, living room, balcony and rooftop all included. Best part is it's brand new. Will be finished next month and is so beautiful.

Depending where in the city you work the commute can be very similar too. Fair enough if you get a seaview. But, why so much for the other places in Clear Water Bay?

yuen long and tuen mun are a lot futher from town than clear water bay mate. If i drive at nite, i can get to wan chai in 15 mins. Its going to take me a hell of a lot longer if i drive from wanchai to tuen mun or yuen long. there are always going to be places cheaper then somewhere else. the further you are from town the cheaper it is.

I think driving Yuen Long to Hong Kong Island (Wan Chai) would take about the same amount of time if you use the Tai Lam Tunnel. Tuen Mun or using Tuen Mun Road would take a little longer. 25-30 mins.

I was thinking pub. transport more though. Clear Water Bay has like 3 different mini bus routes (that rarely come except for the one to Tseung Kwan O) and one bus route.(and a summer bus route due to the beach)

If you take the KCR from Yuen Long to Nam Cheong and change to bus or Mei Foo and change to MTR I bet you could get to Tsim Sha Tsui faster than Clear Water Bay.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast