Moving to HK, Confused on schools, need advice

Closed Thread

Moving to HK, Confused on schools, need advice

I am moving to HK with spouse and 11 year old son. We plan to stay in Tung Chung or Discovery Bay and little confused on choice of school between Discovery College and Discovery Bay International School. Appreciate any advice

Quote Originally Posted by Nashvin:
    I am moving to HK with spouse and 11 year old son. We plan to stay in Tung Chung or Discovery Bay and little confused on choice of school between Discovery College and Discovery Bay International School. Appreciate any advice
    My first question(s) would be: when are you arriving and have you already applied to these schools? Admission is far from straightforward, although a little better at secondary school level compared to primary. From what I hear, admission to DB schools is especially competitive.

On your question, the difference between the two, can't help much. As far as I know, one is ESF run, the other isn't. Both have similar fees, not including additional levies. No idea which is better in terms of teaching, facilities, etc.

Good luck

DBIS follows England's national curriculum whereas DC is a full IB school which would be more appropriate for those who think their kids might go to university or back to school in a place other than England.

Thanks for quick responses.
    @shenwen - I have relocated whereas family will join from Singapore in June. We have applied and are wait listed in both schools.

@gille- I am familiar with curriculum as IGCSE and IB followed at DBIS and DC respectively but my query is more around education quality, exposure, extra curricular activities etc
    and DC respectively