CityU - MA in Communication and New Media

Closed Thread

CityU - MA in Communication and New Media

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I am about to send in my application for MA in Communication and New Media and will be eternally grateful to anyone who has a clue to these questions..

1. What is the nationality mix like for a typical master programme?
    2. How important is work experience to postgraduate application?
    3. When (usually) would the letter of offer be given to applicants?
    4. As a taught Postgraduate, is it difficult to get accommodation at the uni hall? Really worried about this as accommodation in Hong Kong is really expensive!
    5. Where are the places that students go for their internship?

If you have any other information on CityU, please feel free to share with me! Cheers!

1. typical master programme in HK (most of them are HK locals, more and more students are come from mainland now since the government cut the taught PG programme fundings, all the universities have more degree of freedom to accept more students ($$$))

2. depends on which programme, for MACNM (no idea)

3. ask them Programme | Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies | City University of Hong Kong

4. not sure, but I think only research postgrad students are eligible for postgraduate halls application housing, Student Residence Office - City University of Hong Kong
    try ask the student residence office
    Student Residence Office - City University of Hong Kong

5. no idea, ask your programme leader

2. Work experience related to the study will be preferred not mandatory. Some cases you can apply and get incoming fellowships of one off sum..all depends on availability of such scholarships..you can check this with graduate school.

3. Refer this link for application period http://www.sgs.cityu.edu.hk/prospective/apply/period/
    You might get the offer letter after announcement of results. Within 2 months of closing time..somewhere in July..

4. Your program is non govt funded..u cant enrol in student halls..
    U surely can get cheaper accomodation at areas around university..sham shui po, prince edward, wong tai sin..you can also share it with classmates/univ mates..look at bbs forum mentione at student residence office website..there are a lot of ads

5. Page 24/25 of student handbook has some information
    http://www.cityu.edu.hk/com/docs/Pro...1415_Final.pdf
    As above post mentioned your programme leader can give more information..