Like Tree8Likes

Best Laksa in Town

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Actually it happens everywhere come to think of it! No different from putting a beach towel down I guess.

The Strife makes excellent laksa using that same packet stuff as mentioned above - some Singapore brand in an orange carton.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    People do that in Delifrance as well... really aggravating to leave the counter with your tray of food to find all the free tables have suddenly been occupied
    I guess nothing stops you from just taking one of the empty chairs. Might earn you some dirty looks, but just ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    The Strife makes excellent laksa using that same packet stuff as mentioned above - some Singapore brand in an orange carton.
    Mine too. It's top quality stuff too and always have it with fish/squid balls and thin white noodles.

question about malaymama .. are the prawns still in their shells (unpeeled?)?

No they don't - not even remotely.

One's Thai and the other's Malaysian/Singaporean!

This is the boxed stuff that the Strife uses: Prima Taste – Instant Laksa!, | Sparklette Food & Travel Blog

There was nothing more aggravating than holding a tray full of food, and yet all the tables were hogged up by people who were NOT eating. IMO, fast food places should establish some sorta policy prohibiting people from reading newspaper, prolonged chit chatting after they have finished their food and other customers are waiting for tables. That happened to me several times in WanChai and Central.

Unfortunately, by that time, it was too late for me to just leave the place and go somewhere else because I had already purchased the food and yet there was no table to eat it on. What to do?

Worse case I had was in a McDs when after paying for the food I couldn't find a single seat other than those occupied by invisible people or LV bags so ate my meal standing up and next to the waste bin.