Like Tree64Likes

Friday rant.. because I want to scream at someone

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Miband is only HK$99. So cheap. What do the more expensive ones do that the Miband does not?
    Heart rate. GPS. Both of which require vastly more sophisticated tech than what the MiBand does... the MiBand uses an accelerometer, which is the kind of tech that you find in similarly cheap pedometers that people used to strap to their shoes.
    bdw likes this.

How do these calorie counters work anyway? I mean, a fit person running at 10km/h will burn a lot fewer calories than an unfit person. Does it base it on how fast the heart rate increases?

I know the treadmills calculate it based on weight and age but that is a really innacurate measure.

@HK_Katherine, think about getting a home scanner. The Fujitsu ScanSnap series is brilliant- tiny and most come with a sheet feeder. I bought mine years back and just scan important reciepts once a month and then toss them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I am still a bit surprised by those toys/gadgets (honeslty).

What is the real purpose - i mean it seems they count how many calories you burn and how many steps you do a day or sthg like that, right?

What is the benefit of that?

If you walk daily or run daily or excercise daily, what is the benefit of these gadgets?

This is not meant as a criticism, I just never understood the benefit they provide (Given it ain't really cheap) - Katherine or Stoob, what does it give you? (again this is an honest question, no baiting or criticism)
    Mat

The main reason is that I can log my monthly steps and hence plan my sock budget accordingly.

Some people ask the silliest questions.... jeez!
    jgl, Mat, bookblogger and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    @HK_Katherine, think about getting a home scanner. The Fujitsu ScanSnap series is brilliant- tiny and most come with a sheet feeder. I bought mine years back and just scan important reciepts once a month and then toss them.
    Or just use the Camscanner app then no need for a physical scanner.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Or just use the Camscanner app then no need for a physical scanner.

You mean take a photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    You mean take a photo?
    Take a photo using the app, edit it if required, convert to pdf/jpg etc and email to wherever. Has other functionality but that's all I use...pretty much my entire company uses it for our travel expenses/receipts.

Very handy when you're constantly on the move. And have a particularly retarded expense department who insist on seeing train tickets (in addition to the receipt) and fail to understand that the tickets are eaten by the ticket barrier when leaving the station (grr) and another 100 stories of why some low paid soul in Pune blindly following a policy document can't be expected to understand the vagaries of other countries' transport systems.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Mat

The main reason is that I can log my monthly steps and hence plan my sock budget accordingly.

Some people ask the silliest questions.... jeez!
    Now that makes perfect sense

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    go to the distributor office, make an angry rant about how crap their customer service

also, if you purchase via credit card, check your statement for record of purchase

Thinking Group Ltd
    RM 1106, 11/F, Join-in Hang Sing Center,
    2-16 Kwai Fung Crescent, Kwai Chung, N.T.,
    Hong Kong
    Phone: +852 29551333
    Fax: +852 29551033
    If you really want to solve the issue suggest you speak to

Charlie Zhu
    Building 15 (2F),
    Flextronics Zhuhai Industrial Park,
    Doumen,
    Guangdong Province