Like Tree12Likes

Working in China with Home Return Permit

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

thanks @resurectionfor the verification. that means to say I can't escape from the wait of 6 months and I have to do visa run to Macau or Hong Kong for a couple of times before I can apply for any visa for china.
    @Morrison I had read about it before but that doesn't entitle me to any privilege in china. I can apply for HKPID but I can't hold a HKSAR passport unless I renounce my country citizenship as my country doesn't allow dual citizenship. @kma88 I have read about this as well and the 5 year visa and residence permit is as good as a Chinese ID. requirement is to prove that as long as you are a ethnic Chinese and have documents to show that your parents, grandparents, great grandparents or ancestors are Chinese and born Chinese , you will be eligible to qualify for it and all documents (not issued in china) need to be legalised at your own country's china embassy in order to be translated in china at any 公证处 before the official able to accept the documents from you. However 5 years visa is the maximum duration and not all will be granted for 5 years. Only applicant who are high profile or government official related may be granted with the 5 years visa, the rest may try their luck. I heard someone gotten 3 years instead.

Last edited by aserlai; 29-11-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Well, perhaps the country that you are a citizen of makes exceptions.

Many people have certain preconception about what is allowed and what not,, few are familiar with the nationality law of their own country.

btw, if you are a home return permit holder then you no longer need a work permit.
    That would be an advantage, among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by aserlai:
    thanks @resurectionfor the verification. that means to say I can't escape from the wait of 6 months and I have to do visa run to Macau or Hong Kong for a couple of times before I can apply for any visa for china.
    @
    - You didn't get me, your sponsor have to live more than 6 months in China before applying for RP (in this case it's your father).
    - What you have to do is to apply for any 30 days visa which you will convert later in China to RP.

This is how residence permit looks like for HK/MO/TW residents.

Last edited by resurection; 15-01-2019 at 08:24 PM.

But the Chinese on it does not say TW

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    But the Chinese on it does not say TW

No need , ID number 8100XXXX is for HK, 8200XXXX for Macao & 8300XXX is for TW.
    Morrison likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5