Like Tree2Likes

Getting credit card points for tax payment

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

That's a good question but don't you have to pay through your credit cards bank and they don't give cash dollars.

Same thing with my management fee.

Get an overseas issued card and pay with that!

Yes but they do not accept credit card. It just happens that some credit cards here have bill payment option and you pay online.

So no option to pay your IRD bill by Amex / MasterCard / Visa credit card then?

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    So no option to pay your IRD bill by Amex / MasterCard / Visa credit card then?
    You can do this through the internet banking function on your HK issued Amex/Mastercard/Visa. But you will not receive reward points. The only advantage to do this is to delay the payment and get another month or two interest free to pay your tax bill. For example, if your tax bill is due Jan 15, then on this day schedule to pay it from your credit card, then you see it on your next credit card bill a month or two later (in February or March), depending on your CC cutoff date.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

From the Treasury website: "Banks and service provider have their sole discretion on whether to accept payment of government bills by credit card."

So it might be that some don't. SC allows it on some, but not all, of my cards. But I buy TRCs each month so I don't have to remember when the bills are due.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 07-05-2015 at 09:57 AM.