Like Tree7Likes

Selling Land Right

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dingman:
    Any ideas on how much ding rights would go for in Tai Po ?
    which part, tai po is a big area, ting kok/tai mei tuk is probably most valuable, then lam tsuen ( if close to freeway)

Lo Tze Tin village

Anybody selling now is dumb. Wait until the Chicomms knock at your door for one of their new luxury projects. It's also your ancestors land. Villagers fought to keep their land and you sell it.

He was talking about selling his ding aka right to build, not selling his land. People who have land would most probably use their ding to build a village house themselves.

Hi all, if there is anyone still here.

I am a British Born Chinese male with both parents born in HK (Sha Tau Kok). My dad has land in a village etc. I've been back to HK every 3 years to retain my 3 stars on my HK Permanent Residency Card.

So do I automatically have the land right title? or do i need to fill out forms or something?

Cause I want to sell my 'Land rights' to like a property developer as i'm never going to build in HK.

I've spoken to our village leader, but he doesn't seem to be helpful with my questions. How do I find a buyer? and does anyone knows if 'Lai Chi Wo' within Sha Tau Kok, worth much?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by westhingz:
    Hi all, if there is anyone still here.

I am a British Born Chinese male with both parents born in HK (Sha Tau Kok). My dad has land in a village etc. I've been back to HK every 3 years to retain my 3 stars on my HK Permanent Residency Card.

So do I automatically have the land right title? or do i need to fill out forms or something?

Cause I want to sell my 'Land rights' to like a property developer as i'm never going to build in HK.

I've spoken to our village leader, but he doesn't seem to be helpful with my questions. How do I find a buyer? and does anyone knows if 'Lai Chi Wo' within Sha Tau Kok, worth much?

Thank you
    have you even been to Lai Chi Wo? it's like the outer Hebrides here. I have via a 30 min ( looks like a smugglers ferry, if you have restricted area pass),

if not, there is no direct paths to the village, no roads and involves a nice 1.30 hour trek across the hills from luk keng, it's a nice haven for eco travelers (gov have partial restored the village) , but has zil values commercially as there are no permanent residents there ( unless you class the half of dozen super friendly but feral dogs)!

I wish admin would just shut this thread down on moral grounds - it's people like these overseas 2nd 3rd generation indigenous villagers, who don't understand or appreciate the family aspect of the village ding system that give us indigenous villagers a bad name - 敗家仔, opportunistic monetizers hoping for a quick windfall by selling the family silver (traditional NT villager rights) and not even saying thank you on the way out.

Last edited by ray98; 28-04-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    I wish admin would just shut this thread down on moral grounds - it's people like these overseas 2nd 3rd generation indigenous villagers, who don't understand or appreciate the family aspect of the village ding system that give us indigenous villagers a bad name - 敗家仔, opportunistic monetizers hoping for a quick windfall by selling the family silver (traditional NT villager rights) and not even saying thank you on the way out.
    well, considering after 1997, you have to be born in hk to obtain ROA status, more and more overseas based Chinese who born after 1997 can't get the 3 stars/roa thus pretty much don't have this right, thus, in the future, less and less of this right will be abused. It world be interesting to know the ages of these people who arrogantly boast of this potential sale, my guess, 18 to 25 category, especially it seems some of them have even visited their village ( by judging the comments)

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    well, considering after 1997, you have to be born in hk to obtain ROA status, more and more overseas based Chinese who born after 1997 can't get the 3 stars/roa thus pretty much don't have this right, thus, in the future, less and less of this right will be abused. It world be interesting to know the ages of these people who arrogantly boast of this potential sale, my guess, 18 to 25 category, especially it seems some of them have even visited their village ( by judging the comments)
    I'd extend that age range to mid-30s, guys who wasted their lives abroad and now need money.
    Heck, they don't even know enough Chinese to go on the Golden forum to ask.

They simply don't understand what it means to be Hakka - we are proud, don't willingly look for handouts and what we have is what we earnt, or indigenous villager - we are merely custodians of any ancestral property for future generations.
    Last edited by ray98; 28-04-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ray98:
    I'd extend that age range to mid-30s, guys who wasted their lives abroad and now need money. They simply don't understand what it means to be Hakka - we are proud, don't willingly look for handouts and what we have is what we earnt, or indigenous villager - we are merely custodians of any ancestral property for future generations.
    Maybe, some of the arrogant ones have been hang out with the chavs too much in UK ( thus, expect this to be a free handout), but please don't paint everyone with the same brush ( some are arrogant idiots who lost their values, while others are not money orientated/won't sell their soul for a quick buck ) , hakka people are known to be resilient people and less extrovert.

I note that a very good friend sold his during the late 90's to fund his university education and he is doing good now, thus, a privilege that should be cherished not abused
    ray98 likes this.