Like Tree3Likes

UK drivers licence to HK one.....

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I just used the address which was on my license which is my MIL's although I have never lived there and not been resident in the UK for the last 20 years.
    DVLA does state though that it is illegal with a 1000 pound fine if caught but if your license like mine is good till your 70 and you can only have a UK address then what are you to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    yes. Just had mine converted a couple of weeks ago. Very painless process.
    For those who converted a full UK licence into a HK licence directly without a test, can you tell me what "Full Classes" you were given on the face of your HK licence? I converted a full UK driving and motorbike licence into a HK licence and got 1, 3, 22, but am missing 2, which I suspect I ought to have as well.

Uhh.......it's taken me 5 years to get around to this......mainly because I thought I had lost my UK drivers license, only for it to magically reappear a few days ago.

So I'm off to transport department to get the HK license next week, but I only have the paper part of my license. Will that do?

Oh crap, I’m in a conundrum now....my fault for losing the card part of my UK driver license when I was moving over here.

The HK Transport Dept only accepts the card part, which is understandable really.

I no longer have a UK address, my house which had the address registered on the drivers license has since been sold. On their website to replace my lost license I’ll need this address. And to change the address (cannot register one abroad) means I have to send in my card license for renewal.... just going around in circles.

I’ve emailed the DVLA, hoping I can get through to someone that can help me get out of this mess.

You just need a friend willing to let you use their address. (Although officially you are meant to live in the UK)

Original Post Deleted
    I've address I can use, getting some form of proof of address is not the hard part, the hard part is I need to send in the card part of my license to change to address, which I don't have.

Yeah, the website for both the parts of change address and replacing a lost license is just driving me around in circles.

Original Post Deleted
    I still got the paper part, so the number is on that. I finally found a link that I've applied online with that changes both the address and lost license, has to go through a verification process which will take about a week or so. Fingers crossed!

Success!! Thorough the obscure link I found my new card license has been sent to a relative's house back in UK, just 3 days after my online application!

chuckster007 likes this.