Like Tree9Likes

'Prepayment' on HK phone plans?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MPLee:
    No need to use profanity clown face.
    Which service providers have you had trouble with in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by MPLee:
    No need to use profanity clown face.
    No profanities used. The jealousy is telling though.

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

Hi everyone, just thought I'd post an update to this thread. I have a phone and contract now! After sorting out some issues with the bank I went to Smartone in IFC at Central and they were 100 times more helpful than the other dealers I had been to around Causeway Bay. English was excellent and they were able to explain that with a credit card you can pay off the pre-payment in installments each month, rather than one up front payment (which still doesn't really make sense to me - why not just not have the pre-payment and pay a set amount monthly - but whatever I have a new Samsung S6 and life is looking good )

Anyway - I highly recommend the staff at Smartone IFC - if you are new to Hong Kong and don't know anyone to help you out they were really helpful. Five stars!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

"...(which still doesn't really make sense to me - why not just not have the pre-payment and pay a set amount monthly..."

What happens if you lose the phone? What happens if you break the phone? What happens when you decide you want a newer model?

You can thank me for the special training at smartone ifc branch after I made a high level complaint and they had to undergo retraining

Still won't use them ever again though

z754103 likes this.