Like Tree11Likes

Most common SME problem(s) ??

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonC:
    Poor cash flow is usually the symptom of more serious underlying issues because by definition Cash flow = Inflows - Outflows.

So maybe the underlying issues may relate to:

Inflows (eg. lack of business/sales, lack of prospecting/leads, not collecting debtors, etc); or
    Outflows (eg. high business expenditure,etc).
    Utterly simplistic. Try consulting if you want to understand true cash low headaches. Most clients want all or the majority of the project done before they will pay a penny . And projects can take months. It's like being on a roller coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Utterly simplistic. Try consulting if you want to understand true cash low headaches. Most clients want all or the majority of the project done before they will pay a penny . And projects can take months. It's like being on a roller coaster.
    I can appreciate your situation. Case in point, the challenge/problem (for example) might be convincing clients to pay more money at an earlier stage in the project. As a result, this is causing wildly fluctuating cash flows.

Cause and effect.

The comment I made earlier was about finding underlying issues because a real solution can be found only if the underlying problem has been identified.

accounting mess

hi, my organic cafe needs a better accounting system as i am doing it manually and it is v rime consuming. Any recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonC:
    I can appreciate your situation. Case in point, the challenge/problem (for example) might be convincing clients to pay more money at an earlier stage in the project. As a result, this is causing wildly fluctuating cash flows.

Cause and effect.

The comment I made earlier was about finding underlying issues because a real solution can be found only if the underlying problem has been identified.
    But you appear to think that identifying a problem means you can solve it. Sometimes you can't. That our clients won't pay upfront is a fact of life! (for example, procurement policies in many countries, including Philippines which is our main customer base, prohibit upfront payments).
    Khema likes this.

Try "Wave." It is fairly easy and reliable. See waveapps.com for further information.

Quote Originally Posted by Carine 86:
    hi, my organic cafe needs a better accounting system as i am doing it manually and it is v rime consuming. Any recommendation?
    That response above was for you. Try "Wave." It is quite easy and convenient.