• 3 Post By huja
  • 3 Post By JohnHK39
  • 2 Post By East_coast
  • 1 Post By huja
  • 1 Post By huja

Where to buy solar panel in Shenzhen?

Closed Thread

Where to buy solar panel in Shenzhen?

I am working on, actually goofing around with making a float charger powered by solar, where to get a solar panel in Shenzhen? I plan to go to the SEG building and area surrounding but if someone could narrow it down that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

imparanoic and irisboards like this.

SEG is massive building , main building for shopping seems to consist of 15 odd floors ( maybe more), but I have never seen solar panels there, only computer related items

but seg tower is massive skyscraper

the next few adjacent buildings didn't have any either, mostly computer and mobile items

maybe other buildings in Huaqiang North have it

Last edited by imparanoic; 06-03-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    JohnHK39 likes this.

West side of Huaqiang North Road, opposite SEG Plaza is where you want to go.

Closer to home . . . you can go to Sham Shui Po and hit Ap Liu Street.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Closer to home . . . you can go to Sham Shui Po and hit Ap Liu Street.
    Yeah, but I need to pick up some US television show box sets in Dongmen, GoPro type video recorder, and solar panels in Heiquanbei? so will make a day of it, may even pick up some putonghua, who knows?

imparanoic, huja and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39:
    Yeah, but I need to pick up some US television show box sets in Dongmen, GoPro type video recorder, and solar panels in Heiquanbei? so will make a day of it, may even pick up some putonghua, who knows?

Good for you. I hope your adventures are fun and your hunt fruitful.
    JohnHK39 likes this.

Good for you. I hope your adventures are fun and your hunt fruitful.
    Let's hope the adventure doesn't include buying very sub-standard solar panels. If you are buying them for a home project then it might be worth buying from a reputable source.

Aplui Street has quite a few but the is also a little shop on Dundas Street in MongKok (on the darker side of the dark side) that can offer advice and help with specification of all the parts needed.

sawtechnology.net

The owner William is really helpful

Hong Kong is lagging way behind the rest of the world with integrated solar Pv systems as there is no way to feed back into the grid any excess green energy generated. Canada offers about double the price for domestically produced green energy but there is a clear law in Hong Kong that society can't make LKS pay.
    Last edited by East_coast; 07-03-2015 at 08:01 AM.
    emx and huja like this.

I have been to Heiquanbei a few times but never really saw an R/C car, helicopter section, if there is a specific section someone could direct me to that would be great.

The solar panel was going to be morphed onto an existing float charger, maybe 500mah output so not really worried about anything catching on fire. FYI I do have fire insurance on my motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39:
    I have been to Heiquanbei a few times but never really saw an R/C car, helicopter section, if there is a specific section someone could direct me to that would be great.

The solar panel was going to be morphed onto an existing float charger, maybe 500mah output so not really worried about anything catching on fire. FYI I do have fire insurance on my motorcycle.

R/C cars and such on the high floors of SEG Plaza (8th floor and above) and also on the second their floor of the mall across the street (same one I recommended for solar panels).
    JohnHK39 likes this.

R/C cars and such on the high floors of SEG Plaza (8th floor and above) and also on the second their floor of the mall across the street (same one I recommended for solar panels).
    Thanks, I know that a bunch of shops are closed on Sunday but I'll see what I can get tomorrow.