Like Tree4Likes

Multi-trip Visa for china available in HK? (UK Passport)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just to add to this, does anyone know if it's still possible to get a 36-month visa on a UK passport?
    Their website doesn't say, and I've contacted them and got no response.
    I know I can search, but this seems to be a change, so wanted to know if anyone had got one recently.
    I've had a 12-month work visa for China before, in my old passport, and I'm a HK PR, if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Spambot:
    Just to add to this, does anyone know if it's still possible to get a 36-month visa on a UK passport?
    Their website doesn't say, and I've contacted them and got no response.
    I know I can search, but this seems to be a change, so wanted to know if anyone had got one recently.
    I've had a 12-month work visa for China before, in my old passport, and I'm a HK PR, if that makes a difference.
    Do you have 3 stars statue thus ROA status on your hkid? If yes, no problem 36 months visa

I had this 3 year visa from 2011 to 2014, after 1 year visa from 2010

I recently got a 3-year visa (British passport, Permanent HKIC) but that was in the same passport which had my previous visas (3 years then 1 year)

I think without prior evidence in your current passport of visas being issued, you may just get a 1-year, but there is sometimes little rhyme nor reason why they give 1 or 3.

Good luck, worth trying.

imparanoic and Spambot like this.

Recommend going through agent. The right agent can get work miracles. Personally know of one agent based in SZ that got work visas done during Beijing Olympics, talk about tough. Also some apply through a different immigration point like Hainan for example. I've used Golden Yacht in TST before, they're legit, ask for Mabel. If she can't get it done, there's Kwok Visa out of SZ but also has HK presence. Had to use him twice. English not so good, better to have a Cantonese friend translate. He's costly though. 6000 range. RMB that is, not HKD. Hope that helps, cheers

um, 6000 seems a completely absurd amount to pay

it's basically the same as just buying three 1-year visas

Quote Originally Posted by Spambot:
    um, 6000 seems a completely absurd amount to pay

it's basically the same as just buying three 1-year visas
    Agreed, but you know how it is...you want fast, no complications, no filling in forms, no justifying why you need it, no invitation, no business letterhand explaining your business and business cards all the supposed to need stuff...but yes, very expensive. IMO L and M (previously F) basically the same. You use it to go up to China to source and purchase for trading purposes. Never work though, recently government has clamped down on people using L or M to work, supposedly first time they catch you is 5000 RMB fine and kick you out of the country. And they also penalize the company that let you work for them.