Like Tree62Likes

Govt 'dimisses' my registered company, takes all my money from bank.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

The communication between your Company and outsiders by postage is your "registered office".
    I guess you may change your address or you do not collect letters from your registered office.

shri likes this.

It's all over. I put the govt cheque in the bank and now rest easy. Still, have paid about HK$17000 to get back my $85K, so that's a bittersweet victory.

Just to clear the air in regards certain opinions expressed on these pages. I never said nor implied the bus regs in HK to be 'onerous'. Those who may claim so are telling fibs to build themselves up and appear good/smart and wish to make me look bad/dumb. And i never moved my address nor missed any pertinent communications.

The bottom line, and my biggest complaint, is that there was NO personal communications to my company informing me of my 3 year arrears in paying the bill. Oh, yes communications via the Govt Gazette, an official pub read only by low-level and sleezy lawyers, probably. If you did not pay the electric bill for 3 years, then they turned it off and cleaned out the account, what would you say to that?

Also i confused the business bank account with a personal account. Had believed the bank account was closed due to zero balance, which might not happen with a personal account. But once the govt 'dismissed' my company the company no longer existed and the bank account also died. Took some time to get a new business account in same name in order to claim the govt check.

My total bad in this regard. I missed the fine print and govt double talk so paid the price. Will walk the world of business regs a bit wiser now. All education costs something; of that there is no doubt.

Skyhook and shri like this.

Very impressive summary, chapeau

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7