Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bookblogger
  • 1 Post By bookblogger
  • 1 Post By Rob2020
  • 2 Post By Ern

Tsz Shan Monastery

Closed Thread

Tsz Shan Monastery

Saw in the paper this morning that the mysterious Tsz Chan Monastery is finally getting ready to open. The monastery copies the Chi Lin Nunnery in using Tang dynasty architecture style for its buildings and landscape:

慈山寺 Tsz Shan Monastery

But the project has been cloaked with some controversy over its funding by Li Ka-Shing and the transport issues caused to local residents there. Still, I am a bit curious to see what the fuss is all about. Since I don't live too far from that place, I might paid it a visit.

What do you think of that place, I wonder?

Last edited by Cho-man; 30-03-2015 at 12:46 PM.

It will be Li Ka-shing's mausoleum.

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    It will be Li Ka-shing's mausoleum.
    Darn...that creeps me out already hearing that.

An emperor has to have a grand mausoleum I suppose, visiting the Ming Tombs in Beijing is a clear idea of that. And I suppose Li fashion himself as a sort of emperor of HK. That would stop me from ever wanting to visit that place. Still, there is a part of me with morbid curiosity...

It's OK, he's not dead yet.

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    It's OK, he's not dead yet.
    Not ​yet.....

Reminds me of those pharaohs who built their pyramids (essentially their tombs) despite still being fit and healthy and a long way from being six feet under.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 30-03-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Looks like a nice place to visit, I especially like the fact bookings are required - great way to keep the hordes at bay

Cho-man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Looks like a nice place to visit, I especially like the fact bookings are required - great way to keep the hordes at bay
    I don't understand. How can an uncontrolled deluge of visitors be anything other than a good thing?
    Cho-man and bookblogger like this.