Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By 7jai
  • 1 Post By 7jai

Next Week Watchout: Ting Hai Effect (丁蟹效應)

Closed Thread

Next Week Watchout: Ting Hai Effect (丁蟹效應)

For those who aren't familiar with this phenomenon, google it on wikipedia - it's quite interesting.

Basically everytime TVB broadcasts this certain show of an actor - the market drops. The accuracy of this is pretty high (of course there were a few times when the market didn't drop). But the majority of the time it did.

Since the HK Market has been hot recently - could this be the next coming drop? It's being broadcast in HK and in China. Actually the market dropped 400pts a few days ago (April 14th) - on the same day TVB announced it was going to re-broadcast this show.

Anyways just FYI for those whom are superstitious

Rob2020 and Mario Simone like this.

It was a great TVB series, in fact started to re watch it only a few days ago. It's called The Greed of Man.

Just a follow-up on my last week's post... I guess we can mark another accuracy "WIN" for the Ting Hai Effect.

Considering that China had published positive above-and-beyond stimulus news Sunday afternoon - this is quite the big drop.

HSI: -558.19 (Down 2%)
    HSEI: -150.87 (Down 2.8%)

SSE: -70.22 (Down 1.6%)

The show should be broadcasting tonight at Midnight. I've never seen it before, but I may watch it out of interest now.

Proplus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7jai:
    Just a follow-up on my last week's post... I guess we can mark another accuracy "WIN" for the Ting Hai Effect.

Considering that China had published positive above-and-beyond stimulus news Sunday afternoon - this is quite the big drop.

HSI: -558.19 (Down 2%)
    HSEI: -150.87 (Down 2.8%)

SSE: -70.22 (Down 1.6%)

The show should be broadcasting tonight at Midnight. I've never seen it before, but I may watch it out of interest now.
    Not that I keep up to date with share prices, but I was sure watching the news last night I saw shares around the world shooting up.....unless that the drops are locally.

For those interested, this series is rather well written, and quite a tear jerker. If not for the poor quality of how the series was shot by TVB, and the poor indoor props, the story does stand the test of time. In some ways, I'd love to see it modernised and maybe a remake done, but I can't see anyone that can play the roles as well as the original cast.

Just saw this .. looking at the Wiki page, I see that even CLSA took the time to generate a report on it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071007...01220877einens

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Not that I keep up to date with share prices, but I was sure watching the news last night I saw shares around the world shooting up.....unless that the drops are locally.

For those interested, this series is rather well written, and quite a tear jerker. If not for the poor quality of how the series was shot by TVB, and the poor indoor props, the story does stand the test of time. In some ways, I'd love to see it modernised and maybe a remake done, but I can't see anyone that can play the roles as well as the original cast.
    The market dropped the date of announcement of the show (last tuesday). It also dropped the day the show aired (this monday). The markets did bounce back up yesterday - but to Ting Hai's credit, it did significantly drop again during those two dates lol