Anyone having problems voting in the upcoming General Election?

Just had my register to vote rejected for the second time yesterday and not time to send the an attestation back, that's if you are lucky enough to know anyone registered to vote and resides in HK.

Apparently Department of Work and pensions can match my National Insurance but not my name. I have just received my latest tax return from the UK so apparently no problem finding me then. I have an Italian surname so not exactly common in the UK and I was last registered to vote in the home I still own there.

I have spent time being bounced around departments of the department of work and pensions and finally only managed to get a human once. Got yet another number with a message to look for the answers on the web page.

So so now here I am with not vote because of some stupid error! Angry just does not sum it up!

I have have spoke to some other expats here who had difficulties and the local electoral registration office have told me they have been inundated with expat voters and lots of ones who don't match with the DWP system.