SIM (data and calls) for use in US and Canada

Closed Thread

SIM (data and calls) for use in US and Canada

Hi all,

I will be travelling to the US and Canada for a month. I have a Samsung S5. Will need data and local voice call minutes.

(1) Is it possible to get a prepaid SIM for use in both US and Canada? Any special telecom company?
    (2) if not, is it possible to get a prepaid SIM for each country separately?
    (3) how do I go about getting such a card? Get someone in the US/Canada to buy it and mail it to me? or
    (4) where is it possible to get such a card in Hong Kong?

Many thanks!

You can buy them in the US. A drugstore (Rite Aid or Walgreen) or Walmart will sell SIM cards. T-Mobile or Verizon. These will work in US and Canada.

Alternatively you could get a service like this https://www.onesimcard.com that will be more expensive than buying a local SIM card, but more easily reusable.

have a look here, don't know how up to date the information is though

[consolidated] Prepaid SIM cards in USA - FlyerTalk Forums

Prepaid SIM - Canada - FlyerTalk Forums

Thanks MrRotavator and pin!
    Will look into it in detail..

I'm not sure about Canada but you can buy a TMobile sim in the U.S. for voice/data unlimited. These cost $40 + $15 set up fees.

Thank you for that information tstexpat!

You can buy USA Prepaid SIM by Ultra Mobile (T-Mobile) in HK. 30days validity. Unlimited Calls but Different Data Packages. Email me if you are interested.