• 2 Post By jgl
  • 2 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By Rob2020
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

ZeroLemon in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

ZeroLemon in Hong Kong

Has anyone seen ZeroLemon battery packs in HK?

Very keen to pick up their Nexus 5 battery case.

Or does someone have any recommendations on what might work?

To clarify, am looking for a battery case which will attach to the phone. Not an external battery charger thingy.

[email protected]
     mugen.co
     +852 25981700

eTrade Asia Ltd
    Unit 13A, 5/F, Fuk Shing Commercial Building
    28 On Lok Mum Street, Fanling
    NT
    HONG KONG

East_coast and shri like this.

I have one from the US for an N5. Overall it's really good, but don't underestimate how big the thing makes the phone.

My N5 has turned into a phone that can only fit into a back pocket or a bag.

Great build quality. Comes with an Otterbox-style screen protector. Downsides besides gigantic size are:

1. Occasionally seems to mess up charging. i.e. last night the external battery charged up but the phone battery didn't charge at all.

2. If both batteries go flat, I've had to disassemble the case to charge the N5 first, before charging up the case battery.

3. You lose the ability to transfer data over USB cable (i.e. you have to use a wireless transfer method to hook it up to a computer).

4. If you end up ordering from Amazon, it's really easy to accidentally order just the case with not battery.

imparanoic and shri like this.

Battery life tests - GSMArena.com

it's noted that it seems like LG deliberately crippled the very capable nexus 5 ( release 2-3 months after LG's flagship G2) which had similar specs, but has more than double the battery span

did you use their predecessor battery 2012 lg optimus g for the nexus 5 which is late 2013 phone as it has similar battery life?

Gsmarena battery test

nexus 5 38hrs (2300mah)
    lg g2 81hrs (3000mah)
    lg optimus g 45 hrs (2100mah)

THanks guys, will drop the mugen guys a line to see if they have a local retailer where I can go check the battery pack out. I do carry my phone in my shirt pocket... so the size of the battery pack is an issue. Would be nice though if I could use the phone for 24 hours.

imparanoic likes this.

judging the picture, shouldn't be too thick, at most 18-20mm with the phone

shri likes this.

tbh.. this is where the quick charge on my Galaxy S6 is great...

The battery isn't all that good (it isn't that bad either, just I'm coming from the OnePlus One which has an awesome battery), but the quick charge makes it alright as I can charge for 30 minutes and be back in the safe zone (80% +)

shri likes this.