Like Tree23Likes

Parking Tickets to go up 40% ...

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    It really doesn't matter if the fine is $320 or $500. Or the cost of the license fee. In the end, the total cost of owning a car is significantly higher than let's say the US, but expats still choose to have a car. It's a nice perk on the weekend and as a car lover I do think HK is quite enjoyable to drive. Of course I alter my schedule to meet the traffic congestion but even then, it isn't that horrible.
    significantly higher than where in the U.S.? If you are comparing HK to the U.S., then it makes sense to use New York City.( apples to apples)...in which case I would disagree that owning a car is more expensive here.

I do agree that owning a car makes living in HK way more enjoyable as HK public transport is overcrowded & uncomfortable. Especially true with kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Casket:
    significantly higher than where in the U.S.? If you are comparing HK to the U.S., then it makes sense to use New York City.( apples to apples)...in which case I would disagree that owning a car is more expensive here.

I do agree that owning a car makes living in HK way more enjoyable as HK public transport is overcrowded & uncomfortable. Especially true with kids.
    Overcrowded on mtr yes (on certain lines at certain times)…uncomfortable no (unless peak hour on mtr)..the buses are comfortable and mtr too when not at the peak times. But agree a car is a plus especially w kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    $448 is not going to be a deterrent to the tycoons' drivers in Central. Clamping and towing the car away might have an effect though.
    Is any clamping and towing done in HK for unauthorised parking where it is not causing an obvious obstruction?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5